Ground Pepper / Spices pbr textures? Geoshells? Anything?

mwasielewski1990mwasielewski1990 Posts: 330
edited May 16 in Product Suggestions

As the title says. For the love of God I can't find a transmapped PBR texture of ground pepper (or just spices in general) that you could use as LIE/Geoshell on a surface. Any ideas? After hours of googling I don't even know where to look...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,165

I don't think I fully understand.

When saying ground pepper or spices, I got thinking of 3d plants.

But when you say you want to use it on LIE or geoshell, is it then a (transmapped) picture of the plants you are after.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,075

Moved to Product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio application topic.

I think the request is for pepper that has been ground.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 674

I'm not sure what you're using it for, but some of the prop sets I've picked up have spice bottles in them, and there's one set that has clear salt/pepper shakers. I can dig up which ones if that would be helpful. The Dirty Dishes set/expansion *might* have freeform spices since it has cooking prep stages, but I can't swear to it offhand and can't look it up to check at the moment.

• What I meant is: Let's say you have a prop like a roasted turkey or something, and it has a "clear" roasted skin. What I want to be able to do is apply layers of seasonings of ground spices like crushed/minced peppercorns, chopped herbs and what not with a LIE or geoshell.

So it would have to be a transmapped picture of crushed/chopped etc spices and seasonings, laid flad and photographed from above.

So essentially:

BEFORE (clean skin):

AFTER (seasoned):

I'd like to be able to add the - for example - crushed peppercorns onto the product as a tiled PBR texture overlay.

I know I could just make a black sphere and scatter it using Ultrascatter or something, but it seems kinda like an overkill.