everyday clothes that drape nicely over pregnant G9?

I'm seeking everyday clothes that drape nicely over a pregnant G9.

I have the In Bloom dress, but I think my poor gal might like more than one style of outfit, and my guess that the Olivine dress would work great was very wrong. The shirts I've tried don't do any better.

Anyone BTDT and have suggestions? 

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,673
    edited May 25

Actually, as long as the clothing product are not poorly-made, they all could well fit on a pregnant figure with proper settings / simulations. The trick is always "tweaking".

Like the Olivine dress you mentioned, if go for static simulation with its default settings on a pregnant figure, you won't get good result. But if we use a timeline to make the pregnant morph(s) change from 0 to 100, make better settings on the dynamic surface of the dress, as well as adjust the weight on the dForce modifier weight node that the vendor originally made. We may get much better draping result, as the attached ss.

So try these tricks... you can make every garment well fit on a pregnant character...

SNAG-2024-5-25-019.png
    2560 x 1392 - 657K
    SNAG-2024-5-25-026.png
    2560 x 1392 - 805K
    SNAG-2024-5-25-027.png
    2560 x 1392 - 820K
    SNAG-2024-5-25-028.png
    2560 x 1392 - 744K
    SNAG-2024-5-25-029.png
    2560 x 1392 - 675K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

crosswind said:

Actually, as long as the clothing product are not poorly-made, they all could well fit on a pregnant figure with proper settings / simulations. The trick is always "tweaking".

Like the Olivine dress you mentioned, if go for static simulation with its default settings on a pregnant figure, you won't get good result. But if we use a timeline to make the pregnant morph(s) change from 0 to 100, make better settings on the dynamic surface of the dress, as well as adjust the weight on the dForce modifier weight node that the vendor originally made. We may get much better draping result, as the attached ss.

So try these tricks... you can make every garment well fit on a pregnant character...

Thank you for pointing me in a helpful direction. Looks like I have some learning to do. :) 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,673

SilverGirl said:

crosswind said:

Thank you for pointing me in a helpful direction. Looks like I have some learning to do. :) 

No problem ~ Just take it easy. cool

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,507

Another trick for dforce is that the morphs on the clothing don't have to match the ones on the figure. If your clothing item has a morph for a large, heavyset figure, try dialing it up and draping. In combination with this, you can also undial the pregnant morph.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,064

@SilverGirl, the other day someone brought this dress and its texture set to my attention and I put it on my wishlist. Yesterday it went on sale. It is by Lully (dress) and 3-D Arena (texture) and I know if I could have worn it after work, I would have loved it. (I was in the military when we didn't have maternity uniforms, so lived in maternity jeans and really big tee shirts.)

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-sundress-for-g8f

https://www.daz3d.com/7th-ave-dforce-sundress-for-g8f

But also consider that many young women for the past few decades have worn clothing that hugs their pregnant belly and highlights their upcoming baby. So a tight tee shirt or dress might be plausible. I think this is the result of many female singers/actors not being ashamed of their condition and showing it off on red carpets. But lower heels might be reasonable.

memcneil70 said:

@SilverGirl, the other day someone brought this dress and its texture set to my attention and I put it on my wishlist. Yesterday it went on sale. It is by Lully (dress) and 3-D Arena (texture) and I know if I could have worn it after work, I would have loved it. (I was in the military when we didn't have maternity uniforms, so lived in maternity jeans and really big tee shirts.)

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-sundress-for-g8f

https://www.daz3d.com/7th-ave-dforce-sundress-for-g8f

But also consider that many young women for the past few decades have worn clothing that hugs their pregnant belly and highlights their upcoming baby. So a tight tee shirt or dress might be plausible. I think this is the result of many female singers/actors not being ashamed of their condition and showing it off on red carpets. But lower heels might be reasonable.

Thank you for the recs! My maternity outfits were acutally cuter than my normal clothes (my kids are 6, 12, and would-have-been 14; in fairness, my 12-year-old has pointed out since she was 3 that fashion is not my forte)... I've just been having a heck of a time finding something hear I can load onto my character that doesn't warp or hang oddly with  the pregnancy morph dialed in. (On top of the usual problems of finding some clothes that seem plausible for everyday wear... this character isn't afraid of a deep neckline, but she prefers it not go down to her belt.) As pointed out above, I'm probably just doing it wrong. =P But these outfits are definitely winners, and I've wishlisted them.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,064

I was pregnant in Utah when the very first Star Wars movie was released and that summer was HOT!

Remember, not all women get huge. A co-worker was model thin and when she was pregnant, she finally unbuttoned the top button to her uniform pants a month before she gave birth. Then there are those like me that put a lot of weight on immediately and have to start wearing larger clothes fast. But try normal clothing and then during the middle of the second tri-mester, go for the obvious baby bump clothes. Breasts swell up first for some, waist may get a bit fuller, but otherwise until then a character might not show. But by that last month, hips spread and you waddle. Every woman is different as you know.

So you can use morphs if you are tracking a character over a period of a pregnancy in a story, instead of stuck with one size fits all pregnancy slider. And the normal clothes in D|S can be used possibly. Look at the PA esha's store.

Boy, I got the waddle a lot earlier than the last month... but I'm short and my babies were big. 

I like the idea of morphs, thank you, especially since babies don't all sit the same, even through the same pregnancy. I definitely didn't have a cute pregnancy bump at any point with my 12-y-o. I just looked huge and comfortable.