Question regarding Cutout Opacity and Tiling

I made a wall using a plane with a brick shader. In order for the bricks to look right, I had to adjust the vertical and horizontal tiling. The wall shape isn't rectangular, so I made a seven-sided transparency shape in photoshop, but it is subject to the tiling, as shown. Is there any way to separate Cutout Opacity from the effects of Tiling? Thanks.

ForumQuestion.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 543K

Comments

• Okay, nevermind. I took the brick .jpg into photoshop, tiled it there and then switched out the original texture so it didn't need to be tiled.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Yes, you can use the Image Editor to change the Cutout Opacity tiling independent of the rest of the tiling.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,892

For what it's worth, 'it depends' on the shader.

Iray Uber Shader and a few 3DL shaders allow you to tile each texture independentally.

• Image editor. Got it. Thanks, you guys! yes

M.

• Just an additional note for anyone who stumbles on this thread in future.

I started out with a 10yd square plane (a wall), to which I then adjusted to be 125% wide and 40% tall. I added an iray brick shader and my custom transparency map (for windows) and adjusted the shader tiling in image editor, but it *appeared* as if the transparency tiling was still being fiddley. Turns out it refused to work until I started over and changed the order in which I did things. Once I created the primitive plane and added the shader, I had to add the transparency map BEFORE I adjusted the width and height of the plane. I don't know if this is a bug or what, just wanted to put it out there...