Tabitha 9

lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,153

Since there is no thread for her yet. https://www.daz3d.com/tabitha-9-pro-bundle

Imo, she looks nice but a bit generic. The alt shapes are disappointing, too little difference. And "Elderly" looks like someone in her thirties.

The rest of the bundle has little interst to me, and I'm generally into all magic stuff.

Comments

• VenomisbeautyVenomisbeauty Posts: 106
    edited May 30

Since there is no thread for her yet. https://www.daz3d.com/tabitha-9-pro-bundle

Imo, she looks nice but a bit generic. The alt shapes are disappointing, too little difference. And "Elderly" looks like someone in her thirties.

The rest of the bundle has little interst to me, and I'm generally into all magic stuff.

Quote. Plus, I'm not into magic stuff :) So, bundle and character are an easy pass for me.
    Post edited by Venomisbeauty on
  • ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 318
    edited May 30

I quite like the Royal Mage outfit, even though I don't usually go for skimpwear like that. Looks well done. Harry Potter robes definitely not of interest. I like the Ursula Ponytail. There's an eyeliner I love in the makeup pack (last one). The books seem decent, but they don't look to have any opening morphs, making them useful for nothing beyond scene candy. I like the Tabitha elderly add-on, but she definitely isn't anywhere beyond late 30's or early 40's. Not what I class as elderly. Reminds me of an earlier shape add-on for a DA character too, so I feel I already 'have' her. Tabitha herself looks eerily similar in facial structure to a custom character I created a few days back, so the HD add-on is of mild interest.

But overall, feels a pretty bland bundle. I'll pick it up at a significantly steeper discount than currently possible or pick off the parts I like at a slower pace.

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on
  • savagestugsavagestug Posts: 167

Got the figure and HD add, none of the clothing in the bundle seems useful for me. Added the shapes to bring the cart total down. Looks like she mixes well. Pass on the bundles on this one. I do magic stuff but it is more urban fantasy. 

• OrangeFalconOrangeFalcon Posts: 70

I picked up the bundle. I like the magic stuff. I'm hoping for a more broad fantasy themed bundle in the future. She has a tall and broad shape-her frame is pretty built.

My only criticism is that her face looks really similar to Tara 9.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,413

At first glance, Tabitha seems a bit average, but at second glance I find her quite interesting. The bundles are only partially to my liking. An example: I like fjaa3d's outfits very much and own lots of them, but this slightly too short model, with those strange high heels and arm warmers... Not quite my taste. 

I took Tabitha 9 and her HD; plus the make-up to get a better price.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,830

I like the character (has a little bit of an off-brand Emma Watson look), but even as a fan of fantasy and magic, I have no interest in almost anything in her bundle. The Harry Potter outfit is nice just because it's actual clothing, and Ursula hair looks really well-made.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,180

I only wish the skull on the blackmagic book was animated so we could make it talk.

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,213

Drip said:

I only wish the skull on the blackmagic book was animated so we could make it talk.

I wish there were any morphs/joints/whatever in any of the books so there could be scenes with them open, parts moving, skull talking, etc...

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,946

TesseractSpace said:

Drip said:

I wish there were any morphs/joints/whatever in any of the books so there could be scenes with them open, parts moving, skull talking, etc...

Yeah, that was the one thing I wanted to pick up from the bundle, but then when I saw the books weren't rigged to open, I said forget it. 

• sidsid Posts: 432
    edited May 31

I picked her up because I thought her body sculpt was elegant and lithe. There's even a little bit of rib definition!

On experimentation... she's ok, probably not someone I needed given the other very similar characters and textures I have in the Daz originals. She doesn't pose as well as I'd hoped and If I want slender it's hard to beat dialling in a bit or a lot of Death 9.

She's posed here with the new Digital Touch character (finally a DT gen 9!) and Ice Queen 9 (who I thought might have a simalar jawline).

Why did I buy I HS hair when I know they're not posable!?

tab 1.jpg
    1333 x 2000 - 769K
    tab 3.jpg
    1600 x 2240 - 2M
    tab 2.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 2M
    Post edited by sid on

sid said:

Ah, the hair's not posable? Disappointing:(

At least it should be easy enough on that particular style to add dForce to the ponytail? Not much else on it looks like it'd move much, anyway.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

I like the body a lot but the face not so much. Of course it's easy to dial that down. I like the bundle in general and will purchase when the price goes way down. I miss the days when buying a new pro bundle gave you other free bundles or perks. I rarely buy pro bundles on release now.

ainm.sloinneadh said:

sid said:

Ah, the hair's not posable? Disappointing:(

At least it should be easy enough on that particular style to add dForce to the ponytail? Not much else on it looks like it'd move much, anyway.

Wow, definitely not posable. That hair is going back. Not sure why so many of the new G9 hairs don't have poses. A hair model isn't good for much if you can only use it in a straight standing position.

• TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285

HS hairs are posable, certainly the ones I've got, but it can be time consuming. Fire up your Joint Editor and you'll find a custom bone structure - away you go, one bone at a time...

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a series of preset pose dials for something with complex structures and there are none of those but they are posable. It'll just take a while. I like the quality of these models enough that I'll continue to buy and use them despite the added hassle of shifting a myriad of bones around.

Your mileage may vary!

Ah, that's good to know. I actually quite like bone posing. Often quicker than simulation and you're in absolute control of the final look.

edited May 31

TimberWolf said:

HS hairs are posable, certainly the ones I've got, but it can be time consuming. Fire up your Joint Editor and you'll find a custom bone structure - away you go, one bone at a time...

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a series of preset pose dials for something with complex structures and there are none of those but they are posable. It'll just take a while. I like the quality of these models enough that I'll continue to buy and use them despite the added hassle of shifting a myriad of bones around.

Your mileage may vary!

If I'm going to pay $15+ for a new pony tail /  long hair product, I should at least be able to drag the dangling parts of the hair around with the Active Pose tool. And don't get me started on long hairs without an included "behind the shoulder" morph. I have been returning a lot of purchased hair items lately due to lack of pose-ability.

Post edited by savagestug on

I agree. A set of basic movement/blowing ERCs is a reasonable ask. You don't get those sliders but to say these hairs are not posable is not strictly correct; they're just not quickly posable.

This is not a deal-breaker for me but it is for you. As I said, YMMV.

I have my own deeply held negative opinions on the lack of interactivity in store products but I can live with moving some bones for a few minutes. However, at the end of the day - it's your money and your time and, believe me, I sympathise with your position on this but I'm happy enough with these hair products to work around it.

• sidsid Posts: 432

Oh, interesting. I could see the bones there but I couldn't use the bone selection tool nor dials allowed me to adjust them 

I don't have this latest hair or Tabitha package at the moment Sid so I can't definitively answer this. However, all the HS hairs I do have (and the FE ones which I think someone else alluded to even if they didn't outright name them) can be posed using the basic rotation sliders for each of the... sigh... many different meshes. They really should have some basic poses included but with some persistence you can beat them into submission. If people are returning their purchases due to the lack of interactivity then maybe the message will get through to the PA that perhaps they should spend a little time sorting it out but for the moment you'll need to be on top of your X, Y and Z rotation game or look somewhere else.

So many people use Daz products for comics, VNs and games that making your product properly interactive should be a no-brainer but perhaps I'm over-estimating the market for this. Maybe most people don't care. I really don't know!

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182
    edited June 1

Hi guys, 
    any ideas what underwear was used for the Tabitha 9 promos?
    Thanks,
    RWD

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on
  • OrangeFalconOrangeFalcon Posts: 70

TimberWolf said:

I don't have this latest hair or Tabitha package at the moment Sid so I can't definitively answer this. However, all the HS hairs I do have (and the FE ones which I think someone else alluded to even if they didn't outright name them) can be posed using the basic rotation sliders for each of the... sigh... many different meshes. They really should have some basic poses included but with some persistence you can beat them into submission. If people are returning their purchases due to the lack of interactivity then maybe the message will get through to the PA that perhaps they should spend a little time sorting it out but for the moment you'll need to be on top of your X, Y and Z rotation game or look somewhere else.

So many people use Daz products for comics, VNs and games that making your product properly interactive should be a no-brainer but perhaps I'm over-estimating the market for this. Maybe most people don't care. I really don't know!

I agree-I like a lot of hair products from FE Soul and also outoftouch.  The HS ones look nice but lack preset pose options.  The ponytail is of the worst kind because it's simply unposable.  Even the two other hairstyles included with the bundle are from HS and can be manually posed.  I like Tabitha, but not that hair so much.

• dream-weaverdream-weaver Posts: 115

Any idea where I can find the top, whatever it is called ?

I'm curious about where the cyber arm is from

Ah, keep forgetting how well g8 stuff autofits

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 553

dream-weaver said:

Any idea where I can find the top, whatever it is called ?

Pretty sure this is it: https://www.daz3d.com/x-fashion-sport-bodysuit-for-genesis-8-female-s

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

The hair item in the bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/hs-blissful-breeze-hair-for-genesis-9-and-8-female

The main image has her wearing a chainmail outfit, is this part of this bundle or a seperate item?

• ElorElor Posts: 1,047

Mouser said:

The hair item in the bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/hs-blissful-breeze-hair-for-genesis-9-and-8-female

The main image has her wearing a chainmail outfit, is this part of this bundle or a seperate item?

A Separate product, identified in another discussion by @Elliandra:

Elliandra said:

That would be Cynder's CB Arc Clothing Set and the Black Forge Jewelry Set not sure on the headpiece I'll look for it as I am pretty sure I have it somewhere in the Library! Yea duh it's the one from the Black Forge set *headdesk* must finish coffee before hunting for things lmao

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8739461/