Using DIM to Install for DAZ Studio and Poser 11 Pro?

I mostly user Poser. However I want to start using Daz Studio as well. How do I go about using DIM to install my DAZ products for both Studio and Poser? Also, I have installed Studio and Poser on a second hard drive, F, how will that affect installation if at all?

Lisa

Comments

• Content doesn't go into the application folder so no, the DS and Poser locations won't matter. As for using content with both, install to a content directory of your choice (in DIM click the gear icon at top-right, then in the Installation tab click + to add a new directory if you don't want to use the defaults) and make sure that it is selected as a Poser and a DAZ Studio Format content directory in DS (right-click on the ... Formats header in the Content Library and from the menu select Add New Base Directory/Add New Runtime Directory) and as an external library folder in Poser (click the folder with a + icon in the Poser library panel).

• JaellraJaellra Posts: 56

Content doesn't go into the application folder so no, the DS and Poser locations won't matter. As for using content with both, install to a content directory of your choice (in DIM click the gear icon at top-right, then in the Installation tab click + to add a new directory if you don't want to use the defaults) and make sure that it is selected as a Poser and a DAZ Studio Format content directory in DS (right-click on the ... Formats header in the Content Library and from the menu select Add New Base Directory/Add New Runtime Directory) and as an external library folder in Poser (click the folder with a + icon in the Poser library panel).

Ahhh, ok, now I see why I wasn't seeing it in Studio. Heh I ended up uninstalling all of it and starting over. When I created the new folders for the content for Poser, the way I had it setup I had to add each  folder seperate because I  had it setup as say, Poser Conten, then V4, G1, G2, then the runtimes in those folders, if that makes sense. So I can created 1 Folder DAZ-Poser Content, then put a Runtime folder in there, and install everything to the DAZ-Poser folder, then Add the Directories to Studio and Poser. LOL. Well at least I think I understand it. Thank you very much for the response. Wow, I need to stop taking breaks from my graphics! 

Lisa

• You can have more than one content directory in DS too, so if you want to split by figure do so - just be careful that you don't end up with both Poser Content and the Poser Content\V4 etc. folders selected as content directories.