Sci-fi Beach City

Hi,

It would be nice to get a Sci-fi Beach City environment or HDRI.

If you know some products that I could combine, I'm interested.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,165

That is an AI generated image. Maybe you could turn an AI image into a backdrop.

I don't even know a nice 3d beach. If you can find such, you might be able to add some building from Stonemasons Urban Future. I think he has some that could fit in, although smaller than on your image.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited June 9

The sci-fi city part is easy to find but the beach city part is rare.

The best beach that I found is "Boulevard Beach for Poser" by 2nd_World

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285
    edited June 12

There's nothing I can think of in the Daz store that fits this. The beach is easy enough - lots of good ones to choose from but the buildings don't really exist in this store. There are some amazing sci-fi city scenes but they're done at street level, not on a grand construction scale.

How much do you want to spend? $200 will solve this instantly:

https://kitbash3d.com/collections/sci-fi

If you just want a 2D backdrop or an HDRI you could try one of the AI generators but if you want actual geometry then you're going to have look outside Daz and Daz is so, so, so cheap compared to what's on offer outside its ecosphere.

Post edited by TimberWolf on
    edited June 12

Interesting but the risk is these products could use too much polygons. Daz3D Shop has optimized Cities that I can render in less than 5 minutes.

About the beach, I often use Summer Island by Polish. Just this time I'm looking for something different with a promenade because it would provide a transition between the city and the beach.

About HDRI, I like Cyberpunk Distant City HDRIs by Dreamlight and DAZ Studio Iray HDR Outdoor Environments by DimensionTheory if they could be combined half city and half ocean + beach sunlight it would be nice.

Maybe I could use the beach HDRI as sunlight and set ocean/beach/city as a background or backdrop.

• Hmmm... so a promenade like Beach Cafe Promenade, or like Along the Prom?

• TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285
    edited June 13

Kitbash3D kits are primarily designed for game engines - Unity or Unreal. Resource hoggers they are not. The poly count is relatively low and they re-use textures across the models to limit VRAM useage. The big kits are not cheap. They're $200, no offers, very few discounts, take it or leave it. They're still good value unless you want just one render. It's also quite a bit of work to bring them into Studio but you only have to do it once.

You will not find exactly what you are looking for and, for those of us who do this commercially, this is not uncommon. Kitbashing is a learned skill, as is using camera angles to hide the utter mess that lurks beyond that camera. Your sets don't have to be perfect from any angle when you're trying to do something like this. You don't need to be able to enter every building and view the interior, your model doesn't have to make sense when viewed from beyond the shot you've set up.

Fake it. You want a promenade? Fake the frontage with a plane. You want to view the frontage from slightly above? Learn how to bend a subdivided cube primitive in Studio. And then fake it.

You get the idea :)

Post edited by TimberWolf on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,358

Not exactly the style of the pic you posted, but I think the "Utopia" sets by Stonemason could work well for a coastal sci-fi city:

https://www.daz3d.com/the-streets-of-utopia

https://www.daz3d.com/utopia-labs

https://www.daz3d.com/utopia-cityscape-blocks

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,449

Just looking at the untextured models by Stonemason is to recieve a masterclass in modelling. Amazing.

Regards,

Richard.

edited June 14

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Hmmm... so a promenade like Beach Cafe Promenade, or like Along the Prom?

Good idea ! Thank you ! I could use them between the beach and the city.

Thank you TimberWolf ! It's added to my bookmarks.

Thank you Leana ! I like these Utopia items. I would like to use a style similar to Urban Future for the city.