the other programs you guys use on her

i keep hearing about luxrender and the other softwear everyone keeps talking about what do they do and what are they good for?

Comments

• Luxrender and Octane are alternative renderers with plug-ins to simplify getting scenes into them.

• what do they do that daz doesnt?

• Well, they are both unbiased renderers and at the time of their inital release DS didn't have Iray, so that was a big difference. Even now that DS does have Iray there are subtle differences in the way they work and in their strengths and weaknesses - but I wouldn't rush to grab them (especially Octane) unless/until you exhaust the postential of what you have and can judge which offers a worthwhile change.

• i keep hearing about that reality one and i dont know what any of them do

• Reality (and Luxus) are bridges from Daz Studio to LuxRender - they do the conversion of materials, and allow custom editing of materials (within the DS surfaces pane for Luxus, in a separate interface for Reality).

• so do any of them actually use for for what daz does or just substatutes or what/

• Blender and Photoshop are the two programs I use with Daz. Blender I use for creating props, clothes and accessories as well as morphs for characters. And photoshop I use for material textures and also for post processing work.