Lean-Back Long Hair Styles?

FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,050
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I need a long hair model that looks natural when the figure leans backwards from 45 to 90 degrees. I don't have the patience to open up hundreds of hair product pages and click through thousands of thumbnail images. I'm hoping someone with experience and/or knowledge could le t me know if they know the names of any such hair models and hopefully where I can get them.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Dream9StudiosDream9Studios Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

Off the top of my head, the one that pops into my head is Desir Hair by Alfaseed at RDNA. That's the only one I've used leaning back at such an angle. Gregoria Hair by 3Dream and Mairy here at DAZ might do the job too but I haven't gone back a full 90 degrees with it so I can't be sure. Most hairs bend in a weird way at that angle and rarely do promos show this anyway. I'll look at my collection (I'm a hair model fanatic) and see what else works well for such a scene.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:
    I need a long hair model that looks natural when the figure leans backwards from 45 to 90 degrees. I don't have the patience to open up hundreds of hair product pages and click through thousands of thumbnail images. I'm hoping someone with experience and/or knowledge could le t me know if they know the names of any such hair models and hopefully where I can get them.

Thanks in advance!

With a bit of deformer work to remove some "neck/shoulder bends" the Mitsu hair does pretty well in a "falling back" position. The same is true with Flower Princess hair (rendered below w/o deformers to highlight issue).

Kendall

fphair.jpg
    437 x 758 - 14K
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,050
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll take a look at them. The effect I'm trying to get is like those romance novel covers where some guy is sweeping some woman up in his arms and her head falls back and all this lush long hair cascades downward.

edited December 1969

Fauvist said:
    Thanks, I'll take a look at them. The effect I'm trying to get is like those romance novel covers where some guy is sweeping some woman up in his arms and her head falls back and all this lush long hair cascades downward.

You might check out Feliciana Hair by 3Dream and Mairy at Renderosity. Once I finish my current render, I'll see if I can get it to cascade down like that but it is a long flowing hairstyle that would be perfect for a romance novel cover. Give me a few minutes and I'll see what I can do with it.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Lydia and Amanda hair at RDNA work extremely well. Not only do they have hair back options and wind blown back but the back area of the hair has separate bones as well.

edited December 1969

I think the Desir Hair is too short for what you're wanting and it doesn't have a lengthen morph that I can find. Here's Feliciana that I mentioned and it seems to work quite well.

feliciana-hair.jpg
    461 x 855 - 36K
  • jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Or Eirene hair from Renderosity.

Untitled.jpg
    770 x 459 - 63K
    edited December 1969

I forgot about the SAV hairs... I've got a few of them including Sonia and... uh... that other one in Prime that's long. Maybe it's Eirene like you just showed? I forgot all about Lydia and Amanda, those are oldies but goodies!

I've got another render in the works but, fauvist, if you see a hair that looks right but you're not sure if it will bend just message me because I've probably got it so I'll see about posing and rendering it for you. I swear, over half my 3D budget goes to just hair models! Good thing I make my own hair textures or I'd never have money for anything else.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280
    edited December 1969

The SAV Dragon Lady hair has bones for posing. Just came out a week or two ago.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited December 1969

Also don't forget you can turn off limits of the " bend back" morphs to get it past 90 degrees. How it will look strictly depends on the hair set being used.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719
    edited December 1969

I get fairly good results with this one, and even better if i use a d-form with it. Textures need work, but that is an easy fix.

http://www.mankahoo.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=33

• bk007dragonbk007dragon Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

I have used HR-45, a ponytail style that I purchased on renderosity on a figure that was hanging upside down on a stripper pole and the tail posed great to a downward angle. Its prabably the most posable ponytail I have seen and easy to pose it.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280
    edited December 1969

It's not as long as you wanted, but it has lengthen controls and has exactly the morph you want.

Just released today. AlphaseeD.

http://www.runtimedna.com/CapriceHair.html