Anyone else get a survey email

2»

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

No survey here.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,442
    edited June 14

I buy a lot here and have not received a survey email or an orange banner. I was probably removed from the address set because I took part in a Daz survey last year. Always questioning the same people makes little sense. 

On the likely subject of the survey, I once again agree with my idol Groucho Marx: "Whatever it might be - I'm against it!" wink

Post edited by caravelle on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,562

AlmightyQUEST said:

Pitmatic said:

The general gist to me seemed to imply they want to start a daz+ subscription where you get new characters regulary and as a perk you get a different version of daz studio with bells and whistles maybe cloud something too?

I haven't seen the survey yet, but isn't what you're describing just the thing they did a couple of years ago? Pay up front for several products released over time? Maybe they are just trying to see if they should try the same thing again.

You mean the season pass?

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

@zombietaggerung Perhaps Daz misses you or you won the coupon lottery. One never really knows about these things. Not sure why I get invited for surveys, either. 

edited June 14

I can only say thanks Daz for the $10 store credit. I put it too good use last night.

i am sorry to hear some folks here got left out. No idea why that happens.

Post edited by Torquinox on

My concern for the new subscription is that it will cost more than I am comfortable to spend and I'm only really interested in part of the proposed offer. they did specify per month fee and ask about willingness to convert Daz+ to new plan. And there is stuff I really don't want even for free.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,825

I imagine that they just send these out to a sub-set of users that covers a variety of cases - enough for statistically-relevant feedback data while still not emailing all users everytime.

I didn't get either the survey email or orange banner this time but have gotten them before when other people have not.

• AelinAelin Posts: 112

I got the orange banner, but not the survey. I'm glad that Daz was thinkig to me for that banner but I don't understand either the criterias they are using. I took recently the biweekly freebies which i hadn't yet, but my last order with the store credit was in January...

I'm lucky to have time to time store credit. I hope for people not able to put money that Daz will stay free and not force into a suscription for everyone. Or I'll think to look for any orther program accepting 3D, no matter the quality of renders :/ I hope also they won't do like for Poser, with a use online, because I work exclusively off internet on my renders.

• I got the survey, and I don't spend a lot.  I am NOT interested in a subscription service at any price.  I am very careful about how much I spend here and only buy what I know I will use immediately.  Heaven knows I have enough stuff in my library that I've impulse bought and never used.  Plus some months I am deep into using Daz, some I'm not at all.  A sub for the times I'm not using the program is just a waste, but that FOMO will keep me in it.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727

Leana said:

AlmightyQUEST said:

Pitmatic said:

The general gist to me seemed to imply they want to start a daz+ subscription where you get new characters regulary and as a perk you get a different version of daz studio with bells and whistles maybe cloud something too?

I haven't seen the survey yet, but isn't what you're describing just the thing they did a couple of years ago? Pay up front for several products released over time? Maybe they are just trying to see if they should try the same thing again.

I think it sounds like this, too. THAT was a hard pass for me, and I seem to remember almost everyone who'd gotten one complained afterwards about the choice of figures they got. Well, why buy anything sight unseen that you can get later anyways? 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,064

I didn't get an email, even checked my spam folder. Gave me an opportunity to delete it and the 'deleted' folder at the time. I did get a notice on DIM about a thank you for being an earlier buyer and a discount(?). Maybe for buying the two flower packs by MartinJFrost early in the morning and then they added the bundle of them later that morning?

From what I have read here:

1. Totally not interested in a subscription to DAZ3D. I just renewed my DAZ+ membership. 

2. An offer of a free character, prop, environment, outfit... well I got burned by that on the Season Pass. Not going to happen again. Besides, I have a so many characters I am just now to Sept 2024 testing the ones I bought. That is if I don't count Millarose for G8F from 30 May 2024, who disappeared before I could get to her. So much for her being a freebie #1. 

If DAZ is losing money on sales, maybe they can look at improving their QA and Metadata assignments? Last I heard, a prop hat was not a prop weapon. Nor wardrobe pumps only an outfit, rather than footwear.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 2,003
    Leana said:

AlmightyQUEST said:

Pitmatic said:

Yes, thank you I was forgetting what it was called at the time! That's exactly what I was thinking of.
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

Most of the weekly/monthly Daz+ freebies have been stuff I would never use, so I would have no reason to expect this new subscription to offer better suited things. And I really don't collect characters unless I have a specific person in mind for them, either, even if they are really cool. So there's two incentives out the window.

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 588

I didn't find any orange banner today and no coupon via email yesterday.sad

• memcneil70 said:

If DAZ is losing money on sales, maybe they can look at improving their QA and Metadata assignments? Last I heard, a prop hat was not a prop weapon. Nor wardrobe pumps only an outfit, rather than footwear.

Yes please on metadata. Finding anything in studio is an absolute nightmare. If only there was a technology that was rather good at image categorisation...

ainm.sloinneadh said:

memcneil70 said:

Yes please on metadata. Finding anything in studio is an absolute nightmare. If only there was a technology that was rather good at image categorisation...

I finally gave up on the "smart content" and even trying to figure out most of the product listing. I made .doc files where I put the names and pictures of everything I have (separated by category, and sub-category where appropriate) . Now I browse for what I want on THAT, look up the product name under the alphabetic product listing in DS, and then either use it through there or hover-over to see where on earth it was put so I can find it in the category tree.

It's a super clunky method for something that should NOT be that difficult, but even with the work I have to put in to maintain it, it's still less frustrating than trying to find what I want from scratch every time. (Especially environments that think they're props, or props that are in pose packs, or...) 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,048

No survey, no orange banner (well, maybe not... technically I could go on my desktop and check, because last time there was an Orange Banner, it still wouldn't show on my iPad... but if it's not important enough to fix after a month or two, it's not that important to me either)... and for some reason the last two emails I received had no images showing, just those little white question marks in a blue box when an image is absent... 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 2,003
    Just making sure for folks who don't know, if you aren't sure if you've got a site banner (or it's blocked, or you clicked to close it and want to check it again) you can also check your site mail from your account page.
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,680
    edited June 15

Did not DAZ have some sort of thing where for an add on or upgraded subscription you got a season  pass and extra free stuff. Is it like that or a replacement for DAZ+? I have no banner. But I have never done a survey for DAZ so I am not surprised. Doubt I got an email, but . . . I never check my emails. blush And I never answer the phone . I figure if it's important someone will leave a message, and my husband will get it. I think the last time I interacted with social media was over a year ago. Maybe . . . I should check my emails . . . and push my way thru the mounds of emails . . . maybe not.

Edit: If it's a subscription, as in Adobe subcription. Nope never.

Edit 2: I went to gmail. Clicked Spam and found the survery invite. I took the survey. But make sure you copy the coupon code (dispalyed near start of survey, because at the end when done, it just shows a logo and an invite to a survey. But I went back to the DAZ cart, used the code and got $10.00 dollars off. Some questions I tried to ignore but you are required to answer them. 

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,895

SilverGirl said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

memcneil70 said:

I finally gave up on the "smart content" and even trying to figure out most of the product listing. I made .doc files where I put the names and pictures of everything I have (separated by category, and sub-category where appropriate) . Now I browse for what I want on THAT, look up the product name under the alphabetic product listing in DS, and then either use it through there or hover-over to see where on earth it was put so I can find it in the category tree.

It's a super clunky method for something that should NOT be that difficult, but even with the work I have to put in to maintain it, it's still less frustrating than trying to find what I want from scratch every time. (Especially environments that think they're props, or props that are in pose packs, or...) 

Content Library > Products > 0-Z 

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 588

It seems like everyone found either the orange banner or the invitation email yesterday or today. I didn't find any of that, neither the banner nor the email (I also checked my spam folder and read all the emails from DAZ that I regularly receive to find the link). Is anyone else in the same situation and didn't receive the email or the banner?

emanuela1 said:

It seems like everyone found either the orange banner or the invitation email yesterday or today. I didn't find any of that, neither the banner nor the email (I also checked my spam folder and read all the emails from DAZ that I regularly receive to find the link). Is anyone else in the same situation and didn't receive the email or the banner?

Same here. 

xyer0 said:

SilverGirl said:

Content Library > Products > 0-Z 

Yeah, that's the "alphabetic product listing" I mentioned. But thank you.

• edited June 15

emanuela1 said:

I didn't get anything, even though I recently gave Daz+ another chance. I feel so (1) [not] valued & (2) like rejoining was the wrong decision.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

I expect the survey was sent to a subset of certain group(s). I certainly didn't get an invitation.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,586

I think some got an email with survey, some got the orange banner (I got the banner) and some ddin't get anything.

Daz doesn't always send banners and survey's to everyone.

• FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 298

Did you get your store credit from the survey already? I didn't get anything yet

• FantastArt said:

Did you get your store credit from the survey already? I didn't get anything yet

There was a voucher code on the first page of the survey. Unfortunately, it expired a long time ago. Sorry you missed it frown