Anyone else get a survey email

PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 885
edited June 13 in The Commons

Just got a survey email with a lovely 10 buck store credit which was very nice.

But there is always a but, why design the survey in such a way you have to supply ratings to something you dont want when the survey should have a question asking is this something you want first otherwise the data you get back will be people filling any old values in to just get the survey over with and not providing meaningfull feedback

Just saying

Post edited by Pitmatic on

Comments

• I got it. The feeling it gave me is that a crappy subscription is coming whether we want it or not. 

• mdingmding Posts: 1,238

@G3Renderworks: Same here, but nevertheless thank you DAZ for those 10$!

• TheMysteryIsThePointTheMysteryIsThePoint Posts: 2,932
    edited June 13

"What would be the ideal number of Daz characters for you to have access to for the way you work?"

[ ]

(Edited by mod)

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

Great... If I received it, I get to see it at work in 10 hours... Why can't they send them at the beginning of the day?

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

I did. The coupon expires 6/14/2024 at 11:59MDT. Spend immediately or lose out.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

No survey here. :(

I probably don't spend enough.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675

G3Renderworks said:

I got it. The feeling it gave me is that a crappy subscription is coming whether we want it or not. 

Yeh, and I was particularly concerned about how it might relate to DAZ+. I hope it doesn't replace it as my current DAZ+ membership is good for almost 3 more years.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,229

Yeah, I got it. I am not happy about the proposed subscription. 

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 439

I didn't get it. Not a valued customer. :p  Are you able to talk about what sort of questions it asks and what it might mean for Daz+?

• I got it. Thanks for the heads-up because I missed it. Honestly, if the subscription was an additional tier that gave enabled AI-assisted workflows and features in Daz Studio using your local content, I wouldn't be against it. I'm of the opinion that Daz needs to go there, but I also understand if they need to fund that via a revenue stream. And by AI-assisted, I don't mean a make art button. Instead, I mean things like up scaling renders, in-painting, slight mesh adjustments and conveniences such as quicker and easier placement/posing. Which is what I put in the survery.

• I got it too and made my opinion clear. I'm not averse to a higher-tier subscriber level for additional features, just as the existing Daz+ offers benefits that may or may not be worth the cost for you, but you can use Daz either way. 

Existing basic Daz, which costs as much as you feel like putting into buying "stuff" for a free product, needs to stay or I leave. I for one will not use rentware for "fun" activities.

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 588

I also did not receive the email with the questionnaire and the coupon. I do not understand what criteria they use to choose who to send the questionnaires to, I hope it is a random sampling and not tied to purchases. However, I remained curious about the topic of the questionnaire and I am sorry I did not receive it.

• I didn't get it unless it is in spam, which I will check.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,048

Nothing in my email depository... What was it about?

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727
    edited June 13

People, can you specify about this subscription thing? I opted out of DAZ's emails and so suppose I won't get this one, but it makes me kind of nervous ...

Edit: I posted in a hurry, so sorry if it sounded pushy. Of course, what I meant is: it would be real nice if one of you guys could give some more detailed info on the matter. blush Cheers!

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,591

Strange, I got the coupon (thank you!) but nothing about a survey. I'd actually like to take the survey.

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 885

The general gist to me seemed to imply they want to start a daz+ subscription where you get new characters regulary and as a perk you get a different version of daz studio with bells and whistles maybe cloud something too?

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

nothing, but I concur on no subscription for DS. If it is the AI part, I'm out of that too.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 2,003

Pitmatic said:

The general gist to me seemed to imply they want to start a daz+ subscription where you get new characters regulary and as a perk you get a different version of daz studio with bells and whistles maybe cloud something too?

I haven't seen the survey yet, but isn't what you're describing just the thing they did a couple of years ago? Pay up front for several products released over time? Maybe they are just trying to see if they should try the same thing again.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,128
    No survey in my inbox or spam folder. :|
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,353

No survey email either crying Maybe I'm not buying enough?

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,717
    edited June 13

I didn't get a survey, but I did have an orange banner today for $10 off a daz original.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675

zombietaggerung said:

I didn't get a survey, but I did have an orage banner today for $10 off a daz original.

I got the survey but no orange banner. I wonder if anybody got both ? 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727
    edited June 13

Charlie Judge said:

zombietaggerung said:

I didn't get a survey, but I did have an orage banner today for $10 off a daz original.

I got none so far ;-). Thanks @Pitmatic for explaining about the subscription! Seems a terrible idea. But I'm getting old, so maybe it's terrific instead, and I'm just too weary to see it.

Post edited by tsroemi on

Only one part of their offering really interested me: The enhanced version of DS.

Since the idea they're talking about is probably coming to us in the near future, it will be interesting to see what they actually do.

Charlie Judge said:

zombietaggerung said:

The orange banner is probably for recent purchase activity.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,076
    edited June 14

I didn't get the survey as my spending at DAZ has crashed, so no either way, no way am I going to a monthly sub for character or any other 3D model access. I will buy new models though from time to time.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

No orange banner for me, to go with the no survey.

Guess I'll go eat worms. cheeky

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,717
    edited June 14

Torquinox said:

Charlie Judge said:

zombietaggerung said:

The orange banner is probably for recent purchase activity.

Unlikely. I haven't paid money for anything since....*checks order history*.... 2024-04-29. And that was only about $11. And even the $10 off coupon just netted me a free hair and the two most recent DAZ+ freebies/free with purchase for non members.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on