rendering crash, how do I figure out what this is?

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0033:000000008D739700

I've been researching this error, but all the ones I can find show a file path. Mine just shows numbers. The scene is just a genesis 3 female, the sweet home outfit, and teh i13 productivity are and poses scene. Does anyone think that maybe the 0033 might be an object in the scene? or maybe a pose, or outfit? 

Any ideas would be great guys, hoping to figure this out, otherwise all that money is pretty much a waste if I can't make anything with them.

--Brian

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Nope...that's just a memory address.

Which renderer and what shaders?

• not sure about the shaders, but it was using the iray renderer, now testing using the 3delight one

• retiretomauiretiretomaui Posts: 383
    edited January 2016

Having a similar problem, even when using the default render settings. This is a suddenly occurring issue which hadn't happened before. Weird.

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0033:00000000C2A93AD0

Post edited by retiretomaui on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

not sure about the shaders, but it was using the iray renderer, now testing using the 3delight one

If you are using Studio 4.8 and Iray there are several items that are tied to an Iray bug...the version of Iray in the beta/up coming release version fixes those problems.

Is the crash with everything or just certain scenes/items?

• A possible workaround...

Set your render settings from "Memory" optimizing to "Speed." That seems to alleviate the issue, at least a little bit. Whether we'll get better renders in this mode, or not, remains to be seen. Since I've been toying with this setting this evening, there have been no rendering crashes (knocks on wooden table).

Bob