kind of a jacket

hello, I'm looking for a jacket or coat that you can throw over the shoulders of the character

like this https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.9uYR5LSdCc726ixN7eu5ugAAAA?w=204&h=306&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,740

In theory, you could do that with any dForce jacket, just don't "FitTo" any character, just have it drape over the shoulders,

• FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 280

FirstBastion said:

In theory, you could do that with any dForce jacket, just don't "FitTo" any character, just have it drape over the shoulders,

hm, yes you are right. Maybe I should try this. I'm still a noob when it comes to dforce.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575
    edited June 18

Nirvy at rendo has a whole series of garments that have hanging, thrown on the floor and partially undressed morphs. I don't recll a jacket but I'll let you know if I find one.

There is onr called Chilly. Probably more

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,165
    edited June 18

The tricky part, is to get the character not clipping with the jacket, in the start of the simulation.

I usually always use timeline for simulations, as I then can do adjustments along the timeline.

Here I started the simulation with the character scaled down some so she could fit inside, and then scaled her to full size at frame 10, and then the pose at frame 25.

Hanging_coat.png
    1200 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by felis on

felis said:

The tricky part, is to get the character not clipping with the jacket, in the start of the simulation.

I usually always use timeline for simulations, as I then can do adjustments along the timeline.

Here I started the simulation with the character scaled down some so she could fit inside, and then scaled her to full size at frame 10, and then the pose at frame 25.

wow, you did an amazing job on this! I really don't have any expieriences in dfore and I tried one time yesterday, but it didn't work, so I stopped trying...I don't have patience to do it. I would need a step by step tutorial for dummies frown

pwiecek said:

Nirvy at rendo has a whole series of garments that have hanging, thrown on the floor and partially undressed morphs. I don't recll a jacket but I'll let you know if I find one.

There is onr called Chilly. Probably more

really? I have to check them out. Thank you!  

• felisfelis Posts: 4,165

FantastArt said:

wow, you did an amazing job on this! I really don't have any expieriences in dfore and I tried one time yesterday, but it didn't work, so I stopped trying...I don't have patience to do it. I would need a step by step tutorial for dummies frown

What I did might not be the easiest, although not really that complicated.

You need a coat that are (or can support) fully dForce. Some clothing have weightmaps, and if part of the coat has 0 dynamic strength, it will just hang in the air, instead of adjusting to the character.

As mentioned, I usually always use Timeline for simulation, and most often 'start from memorized pose' Off. It was also the case here.

At frame 0 I bend her arms in close to the body, and scaled her to 80%, and raised her in Y direction so her shoulders was in line with the coat. The purpose of bending arms and scale is to ensure that she doesn't clips with the coat.

Then at frame 10, I scaled her up to 100%, and set Y back to 0.

And then at frame 30 I set her pose, with 40 frames in total.

As I said it might feel a bit complex, but I would suggest you try to get more familiar with dForce, as you can get some results you couldn't get elsehow (unless modelling in a 3rd party app, and import as a morph).

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,740

I tried it out too using a 3/4 length jacket/coat. its a viable way to do it. I draped it over 45 frames on the timeline, I oversized the jacket on the first frame and then brought it to 100% by frame 25,  it had 20 frames to finish the drape.

FirstBastion said:

I tried it out too using a 3/4 length jacket/coat. its a viable way to do it. I draped it over 45 frames on the timeline, I oversized the jacket on the first frame and then brought it to 100% by frame 25,  it had 20 frames to finish the drape.

That's also a great result! Thank you very much for sharing!

felis said:

FantastArt said:

What I did might not be the easiest, although not really that complicated.

You need a coat that are (or can support) fully dForce. Some clothing have weightmaps, and if part of the coat has 0 dynamic strength, it will just hang in the air, instead of adjusting to the character.

As mentioned, I usually always use Timeline for simulation, and most often 'start from memorized pose' Off. It was also the case here.

At frame 0 I bend her arms in close to the body, and scaled her to 80%, and raised her in Y direction so her shoulders was in line with the coat. The purpose of bending arms and scale is to ensure that she doesn't clips with the coat.

Then at frame 10, I scaled her up to 100%, and set Y back to 0.

And then at frame 30 I set her pose, with 40 frames in total.

As I said it might feel a bit complex, but I would suggest you try to get more familiar with dForce, as you can get some results you couldn't get elsehow (unless modelling in a 3rd party app, and import as a morph).

Thank you very much! Yes, I guess I'll have to get more use with dForce