Does anyone know where I can get a "Flat Top" hair style prop or figure for Poser?

Trying to render a better 3-D image from a police sketch.
Attached is the hairstyle I am looking for along with a preliminary rendering from the drawing.

I probably have the hair on my hard drive somewhere but can any suggest a commercial or free product?

sa-render.jpg
1129 x 791 - 80K
SAIU_Suspect.JPG
640 x 360 - 47K

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    edited September 2012

It looks like there's some height to the hair, that it's not close-cut, is that correct?

All of the below work in either Studio or Poser, on Gen3 or Gen4 figures.

For what it looks like you need, Ali's HR-048 style might work, although it tends to look like a painted blob as it gets morphed; depends on what exactly the hair looks like and how much detail you need.

You could also try RDNA's Alicia hair with the AliStyleZ Male Hair add-on, if you need that texture of hair; however, while Alicia + the add-on doesn't cost any more and would give a bit more flexibility, a lot of people have reported that it can lose function in Studio, if you're using that, because it has external PMD files. Apparently, it works differently depending on your individual installation. Haven't heard of any issues in Poser, if you're using that. (And I just realized that you specify Poser in the thread title, so you should be fine.)

There's the DAZ Morphing Flat top, built for Gen3 figures, but which can work with later figures with some tinkering. I find it a bit inflexible, myself, but for a render like that , it might work just fine.

Adam Thwaites' Tough Hair; I don't know anything about that one.

Studio Maya used to have a Male Short Cut that might work, but it looks like that's been taken off the net.

That's all I know of that might work for what you're showing. Everything else I know of that's short is cut very close to the scalp.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • motta.industriesmotta.industries Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks vwrangler!
    Tracking down all those links was a big help.

Looks like RDNA’s Alicia hair with the AliStyleZ Male Hair is probably the winner.

You are correct, the hair appears to have height, but who knows if the sketch artist rendered the hair accurately.
    The physical description specifically mentions a flattop, so go figure.

I think the guy escaped from '90's, how many afro flattops do we see these days?

Thanks again!!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969