Jersey dForce Dress G8F

SquishySquishy Posts: 460
edited June 26 in Freebies

A collection of models of ladies' dress, in a simple jersey dress style with crew neck and short sleeves, rigged in DAZ Studio for Genesis 8/8.1 Female, intended for use with dForce dynamic cloth simulation. Basic and Hi-rez (subdivided) versions are included; all of these models share the same UV map and any textures for this item will work on any of them. A large assortment of Iray materials are included, as well as some shaders that allow for various degrees of transparency simulating thread weave. See readme for more info!

Download: ShareCG

Download: Google Drive

Post edited by Squishy on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,528

Looks great, think I might actually do some textures for it, I really need to get back into doing that and get familiar with iray.

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460

well this one has about the simplest UV map you could hope for

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806

Very cool!  Thanx, Paul!  laugh

That's a handy uv map, thanks for including it

I don't bother including templates for this stuff because I figure people generally have some sort of 3d texturing tool these days and if they need to see it they can see it cool

OH so there isn't a template, ok, I should be able to make one, or maybe Eblank since they are always doing textures for stuff.

What method/software are you using to texture stuff?

I use Paint Shop Pro 11, I'm hoping to get an upgrade either mid month or in the fall.

Dang that is an 18 year old rev, if you were to update it probably wouldn't feel a whole lot like the same program!

You might think about trying something like ArmorPaint, it's free and there's a lot of tutorials for it, it's not anything like as complex as Blender so it's a lot more approachable:

https://armorpaint.org/

anyway, attached is a proper old-style template in PSD format, if you have problems loading it let me know

zip
    zip
    JerseyTemplate.zip
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,449
    Psp11!?! Wow. That's new. I use PSP5 that I got as an out-of-date freebie on the front of a magazine around the year 2000. And my backup for when I can't figure out how to do what I want in PSP5 is Gimp 2.10, which I don't much like as it's incredibly obscure in its descriptions. I tend to do templates in a modeller I wrote for myself. Regards, Richard.
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,693
    edited August 11

Squishy said:

Dang that is an 18 year old rev, if you were to update it probably wouldn't feel a whole lot like the same program!

You might think about trying something like ArmorPaint, it's free and there's a lot of tutorials for it, it's not anything like as complex as Blender so it's a lot more approachable:

https://armorpaint.org/

anyway, attached is a proper old-style template in PSD format, if you have problems loading it let me know

No longer free:  since this post you last DL'd it, they've released the 1.0 Alpha of ArmorPaint and are asking 19 quid (Euros or USD).

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on