Textures example Free, Lust, Versus ect ect

Hello do you think you could ask nicely the people who catalogue clothing textures to provide links to the products, actually in the text of the textures they are selling. I went hunting in the Daz Woodlands today, or may be it was the Fashion Houses, you couldn't tell. To try to find the clothing that Versus and Lust and all those nice free textures we are given, some are by Rpublishing, some are by Rhiannon and other names I don't remember them all, I will list them if so desired. But it will take me time to do that. So I am asking, can someone ask Daz Shop, to link those pretty textures into the clothes they are made for. I found one! out of ten Daria, its sensational but it was pot luck that I found it. Don't you think Versus and Lust should be enabled to provide those links. They do a lot of work promoting the textures, of the pretty gowns and what nots but there is nothing to find. May be the clothes simply don't exist. So why sell those textures, like many none linked textures that sitting in my proverbial Daz Wardrobe, waiting to find the clothes they where made for. 

If this isn't the right place can someone kindly move it where it should be. 

Best x A

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,095

Normally... in texture add-on products, there're Base products stated in Required Products: on the product page. (ss1) .. and on the Base product page, there're listed add-on products at the bottom... (ss2)

SNAG-2024-6-27-082.png
    1997 x 1247 - 2M
    SNAG-2024-6-27-083.png
    1202 x 401 - 86K
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,180

They were added in bulk, and some may have their proper links added in the future. But, several of those textures refer to outfits that are still sold (exclusively) at renderosity, and I doubt those will ever get proper links leading to the main product. Gladly, google usually finds the referred assets, so that's more or less the way we have to find them now.

I don't think they should only sell texture add-ons without Base product in the store... haven't see such cases so far. Any example ?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,009

I don't remember the item, but there was a very old one for V4 that came up on sale, and I found out after I bought it that the main item had been retired a long time prior to it. So it does happen. So now I double-check textures for the required product before buying. Including if on Rendo. But I have found that generally artists on Rendo are good about documenting the required product, no matter what store it is sold at. The moved over products I have bought have all documented their required products.

I do have textures for items that are no longer sold here because the PA moved, and the Product Library description does not always cross-reference to the main product it was created for. When I buy items, I download the promo pages and try to keep main & texture products, and then any add-ons together. For my own sanity if nothing else.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 674

There've also been a few old texture add-ons in the bi-weekly freebies that you have to read the text to see that it's not the *actual* product. And the product itself isn't linked, so you have to go hunting. 

crosswind said:

I don't think they should only sell texture add-ons without Base product in the store... haven't see such cases so far. Any example ?

First one I found is BLACKHAT:FUTURISTIC - Future Swimwear 2 for G3F, which is a texture set for  a swimsuit made by EdArt3D which used to be sold exclusively at Renderosity. EdArt moved away from Renderosity to Renderhub and CGBytes though, and it seems he no longer sells that particular swimsuit anywhere anymore. As far as I know, EdArt never had a store here at Daz, though I really wish he did, as he has some pretty amazing stuff in his catalogue, including his old G3F designs, which are all totally worth the hassle of converting to newer generations.

Another one is SWIM Couture Textures for Hot Waters G8G8.1F by Sveva, which is a textureset for dforce Hot Waters G8F_G8F.1 by nirvy over at Renderosity. Nirvy has sold some items here at Daz in the past, but that particular swimsuit is (still) only sold at Renderosity.

Now, both of these are texturesets that moved to the Daz Store only recently, during the Renderosity exodus. Maybe they slipped in by accident, maybe Daz just agreed to allow it, maybe some more artists from Renderosity, like EdArt and Nirvy plan to to move their store here? Despite the relatively increasing amount of grey within my ever receding hairline, I'm a natural blonde, so I don't know. ;) But I do hope it's the last one, and that more good designers make their way here.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,528

Drip said:

OMG this is the only thing it says about those textues lol 

Capture.JPG
    833 x 238 - 19K

Drip said:

crosswind said:

First one I found is BLACKHAT:FUTURISTIC - Future Swimwear 2 for G3F, which is a texture set for  a swimsuit made by EdArt3D which used to be sold exclusively at Renderosity. EdArt moved away from Renderosity to Renderhub and CGBytes though, and it seems he no longer sells that particular swimsuit anywhere anymore. As far as I know, EdArt never had a store here at Daz, though I really wish he did, as he has some pretty amazing stuff in his catalogue, including his old G3F designs, which are all totally worth the hassle of converting to newer generations.

Another one is SWIM Couture Textures for Hot Waters G8G8.1F by Sveva, which is a textureset for dforce Hot Waters G8F_G8F.1 by nirvy over at Renderosity. Nirvy has sold some items here at Daz in the past, but that particular swimsuit is (still) only sold at Renderosity.

Now, both of these are texturesets that moved to the Daz Store only recently, during the Renderosity exodus. Maybe they slipped in by accident, maybe Daz just agreed to allow it, maybe some more artists from Renderosity, like EdArt and Nirvy plan to to move their store here? Despite the relatively increasing amount of grey within my ever receding hairline, I'm a natural blonde, so I don't know. ;) But I do hope it's the last one, and that more good designers make their way here.

Okay, got it !  I only buy things from lilflame for now in this store since the products from others mostly have no or wrong metadata ~~ hoho.

Though I ever bought all of these on Rendo... but I think the rule in this store needs to be more reasonable... As for the 2nd one, more or less it can be acceptable but for the first one,  Anagord shouldn't have released this tex. add-on as people have no way to buy the base...

crosswind said:

Drip said:

crosswind said:

Okay, got it !  I only buy things from lilflame for now in this store since the products from others mostly have no or wrong metadata ~~ hoho.

Though I ever bought all of these on Rendo... but I think the rule in this store needs to be more reasonable... As for the 2nd one, more or less it can be acceptable but for the first one,  Anagord shouldn't have released this tex. add-on as people have no way to buy the base...

Well, he originally released the texture set over at Renderosity, when the swimsuit just got released there, and the swimsuit and the texture set have been for sale there for several years. But when Anagord moved his store here, he also brought the texture set, while EdArt on the other hand, moved his store elsewhere, and for some reason decided not to re-release the swimsuit in the process. Maybe he'll end up giving it, and some other of his discontinued products, away as presents or freebies during Christmas or something like that. I've had some interactions with him in the past, and he was a truely generous guy. Just some really nice things like "You're one of the first who bought this and I appreciate the review you left, have this other related thing from my store". So it wouldn't surprise me if there will be some times for people to get that matching swimsuit as well as other stuff he discontinued in the future, it's totally like him to do that, you just have to find and follow his whereabouts. And so, there may be times in the future that new people will find a reason to get Anagords' textureset. If they can find it here..