Photoshop and generative fill

has anyone tried after rendering use generative fill to "fill out" a scene more? Im curios if it works with 3d enviroments or if its more "realistic" than  the 3d enveiroments.

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,886

lkopop908 said:

has anyone tried after rendering use generative fill to "fill out" a scene more? Im curios if it works with 3d enviroments or if its more "realistic" than  the 3d enveiroments.

I occasionally will use the content aware (as opposed to the generative) tools to handle things like adding or removing plants, but I'm using the same existing plants and lighting as a base.  From what I've seen from what others have tried to do with it, the ability to control the Generative fill/AI stuff seems to introduce far more "uncanny valley" elements than working with DAZ or other 3D assets... not unlike what happens when you try to put a 3D rendered human figure in the same scene as photos of real people.    

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,362
    edited July 3

I posted these in the UltraScenery thread, but they perfectly illustrate the 3D Render and PhotoShop Generative Fill workflow.

I was very pleased with how things turned out.

This is the raw render:

And this is after being 'saved by generative fill' (beach area below canoe, and filled in the trees in back):

Post edited by Gogger on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,639

lkopop908 said:

It works well on 3D but I refrain from using AI generated content for anything I publish, because I like retaining the copyright and us humans have no copyright on ai-generated content and I am uninterested in proving how much of it was ai. . . so I avoid utilizing ai content for that reason.