* Closed * RRRR - Picture, or it didn't happen Voting Thread

TotteTotte Posts: 13,911
edited July 22 in Art Studio

Hi all!

It's time to vote in the RRRR - Picture, or it didn't happen render contest.

Entries Thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/683531/rrrr-picture-or-it-didn-t-happen-entries-only-thread
Voting link: https://forms.gle/V9qgjqdRiahJjmmj6

Please enter your votes in both tiers, and for all five ranks in each tier, no more, no less, five the number of votes in each category should be, or you will be hunted by Caer Bannough (even if you didn't catch the reference)

What are we voting about, what are the prizes?

Best category:

Winner: 
One item from Elliandra 's store
A $10 DAZ GC

Second place:
One item from Elliandra 's store
A $5 DAZ GC

Third place:
A $5 DAZ GC

Fouth place:
A $2.5 DAZ GC

Funniest Category:

Winner: 
One item from Totte (Code 66) 's store
A $10 DAZ GC

Second place:
One item from Totte (Code 66) 's store
A $5 DAZ GC

Third place:
A $5 DAZ GC

Fouth place:
A $2.5 DAZ GC

Voting starts today Sunday June 30 and closed at Sunday July 14 at 23:59:59 DAZ local time

Please vote, even if you didn'ät enter, and you might get ideas and see how fun this is, and enter for the next round.

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,108

voted

great entries!

• Voted! Some pretty fun entries laugh

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,118

I voted, too.

• katywhitekatywhite Posts: 434

Great entries everyone! Voted!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,741

I voted. 

I miss your crazy renders, Gopherus and barbultsmiley

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,267

I voted... even though I didn't enter cause I have no idea how this all works... lol

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,751

Llola Lane said:

I voted... even though I didn't enter cause I have no idea how this all works... lol

Quick rundown. 

The idea is to make a render from four items in your content library. And hard part is to come up with an idea for the image from the four items that may or may not fit together in a render.

Totte provides a random number generator to get the four numbers. You set up a list of all your products in a spreadsheet,  one per line,  then you find the 4 products that corresponds to the 4 randomly generated numbers.  

So the four numbers listed are the randomly generated numbers.

The pull,  are the corresponding four products pulled from  your long list of products.

And the result, a rendered image that assembles these 4 random products into something funny. And you make a note of any additional products that may have been used in the creation of the image.

The only rule is,  the 4 pulled products must be the prominant subjects of the render.

Hope that explains it.

FirstBastion said:

Llola Lane said:

Quick rundown. 

The idea is to make a render from four items in your content library. And hard part is to come up with an idea for the image from the four items that may or may not fit together in a render.

Totte provides a random number generator to get the four numbers. You set up a list of all your products in a spreadsheet,  one per line,  then you find the 4 products that corresponds to the 4 randomly generated numbers.  

So the four numbers listed are the randomly generated numbers.

The pull,  are the corresponding four products pulled from  your long list of products.

And the result, a rendered image that assembles these 4 random products into something funny. And you make a note of any additional products that may have been used in the creation of the image.

The only rule is,  the 4 pulled products must be the prominant subjects of the render.

Hope that explains it.

I think I get most of that... seems I entered once before a looooooong time ago... Don't remember a 'theme' though... and nothing mentions if you enter multiple renders do they need different 'pulls'???? or are all the renders from the same pull???  

• acbacb Posts: 464

Llola Lane said:

I think I get most of that... seems I entered once before a looooooong time ago... Don't remember a 'theme' though... and nothing mentions if you enter multiple renders do they need different 'pulls'???? or are all the renders from the same pull???  

For each entry you pull a new set of random assets from your list.

And I voted.

acb said:

Llola Lane said:

For each entry you pull a new set of random assets from your list.

Thank you... Will try for the next RRRR... but not sure when that is... Monthly?  Every other month???  

Llola Lane said:

Thank you... Will try for the next RRRR... but not sure when that is... Monthly?  Every other month???  

The runtime of the contests varies - usually they run for a month or two. In the list of previous contests the dates are added. I assume Totte will setup what's next, when the winners of this contests are announced next week (or so). The winners have a say in what's the next theme.

acb said:

Llola Lane said:

The runtime of the contests varies - usually they run for a month or two. In the list of previous contests the dates are added. I assume Totte will setup what's next, when the winners of this contests are announced next week (or so). The winners have a say in what's the next theme.

ok.. i'll watch for it... the last date on that list is for...RRRR "As the story goes" (Saturday February 3, 2024, to Sunday March 31 2024 ) ... 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,911

Sorry, been away so I havent had time to close this, I'll do it now!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,911

Votes are being tallied......stay tuned....