Hawaiian grass skirt for Genesis figures that is not dForce?

I am wondering if there is a Hawaiian grass skirt for any generation of Genesis figures, or even Victoria 4, that is not the dForce variety?

The reason I ask is that I would like to have the grass skirt be grass strands and not dForce hair based, as I had some trouble with rendering with a pwToon shader, and I would like to have a version that I can easily use a toon shader on while the girl is hula dancing.

Also, while I am at it, any hula dancing animations I can get for Victoria 4 or any Genesis figure G2F and up?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,562

The only one I know is for Dawn: https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/146306/hula-for-dawn

There used to be a Genesis version IIRC but it's not available anymore.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,751

Perhaps a long grass texture on a regular conforming skirt might be the solution here.

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,109

I'd like to ask, the one for Dawn, is there a script that can convert Dawn clothing to the Genesis version?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

That would reqyuire an AutoFit clone for Genesis whichever made by, or with permission from, the owners of Dawn (because it would match their figure's shape). As far as I am aware no such clone exists.

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 440

I've used the dawn skirt before on Genesis 2, basically all I did was use the hip node and a little bit of scaling to basically move the skirt to the correct position over g2's hips and then I 'froze it' in place by clicking edit > figure > rigging > convert figure to prop

then after that I click edit > object > rigging > convert prop to figure select tri ax weights

finally I click the skirt that is now a figure and edit > figure > fit to and then click unsupported under figure type and skirt knee length

This way I'm able to create usable clothing usually even if I don't have a clone handy. Sometimes I will have to modify the clothing after the 'convert figure to prop step' in a 3d modeller program (I use Maya but Blender these days is good enough for a lot of stuff) to get it just right but yeah, try this out. It's a good outfit. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,562

EightiesIsEnough said:

I'd like to ask, the one for Dawn, is there a script that can convert Dawn clothing to the Genesis version?

There's not autofit clone available to convert between Dawn and Genesis figures. It's possible to create one yourself though.

Since it's a rather simple skirt maybe you could try parenting it to your figure's waist without fitting it, then adjusting the pose manually.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,239
    edited July 2

I tried to model a somple hoolaskirt.

It kind-of works but also has some issues.

G8F_Hoolaskirt_01A.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by felis on