Render 99% never ends

hedicarloshedicarlos Posts: 25
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm trying to render a scene with M4 in daz studio 4.5 but the yield to 99% and never ends. Even in simple scenes.
With the genesis does not occur.
Anyone have this same problem?
Thanks

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2012

someone may have better info than me, but I have had this happen once or twice. All i can suggest is you troubleshoot the issue.

It could be your M4 clothes are causing an issue. try rendering him nude. I've had items cause the render to stick at 99% because of some of the smoothing used. (not sure if you are using smoothing but you can cut that off and try that way too)

Is your M4 morphed or using special shaders? Try it without.

Also be sure to check the log file under help. it may yield some clues.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited September 2012

You can also just cancel the render at 99% and save it. 1% isn't going to make a visible difference. Well thats what I do when it hangs and I get impatient:) Not a solution to the problem, but it works.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    You can also just cancel the render at 99% and save it. 1% isn't going to make a visible difference. Well thats what I do when it hangs and I get impatient:) Not a solution to the problem, but it works.

does that work when rendering to disc?

edited December 1969

Explain rendering to disc.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

'Rendering to disc' presumably means rendering directly to file rather than to a window. It should give the same result, however whether or not interrupting will be visible will likely depend on the bucket order, or the precise bucket where the issue is occurring, if it's in the middle of someone's face....

The other thing to do is to check the log file to see if it identifies what the problem is.

edited December 1969

Oh. No I always render to window.