Converting Vellus hair

MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,922

Can this vellus hair be converted from Genesis 9 to Genesis 8f/m without nasty distorsions?
Genesis 9 Body and Vellus Hairs | Daz 3D

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,830

I would strongly suspect the answer is no, but maybe someone who owns the product can chime in.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,259

I don't know the answer, but maybe knowing that there's a similar product for G8F will help?

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,922

joanna said:

I don't know the answer, but maybe knowing that there's a similar product for G8F will help?

Thanks, the reason I ask is, that there is no similar product. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,259

Masterstroke said:

joanna said:

I'm not sure I understand. I just linked the similar product for G8F by another vendor (who also has a G9 version that from what I've seen in forum discussions is considered superior to the one you linked). Unless you mean specifically G8M only? Then no, there isn't, as far as I know. 

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 427
    edited July 3

Masterstroke said:

joanna said:

There are dforce vellus face and body hairs that come with Victoria 8.1 and Michael 8.1, although I had to double-check because only Victoria's shows up in the product library as 'Vellus Hair' (says it's bundled with V8.1) and Michael's are, apparently, female according to his product page (the joys of copy and paste I guess).

They're listed under:

Other Improvements (Read More)

Fine, short hairs are added to the female face and body, male anatomical elements are available on females and vice versa, and the Facial Control Rig and Power Pose Panel for Face are enhanced.

(Edit: I mention the native versions mostly because any autofit hairs have a high chance of being badly mangled not when you first do them, but when you save, close, then re-open the scene.)

Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,449

Thre is a body hair product by Exnem over at Rendo that includes leg, torso, buttock, back and arm hair for G8F that may do some of the job you're interested in. Due to the fact it also includes genital hair I won't link to it. The product is called 'Exnem Body Hair for G8 Female'.

Regards,

Richard

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,095
    edited July 3

AuoFitting with G9 Clone on G8.x will do ~ No distortion has been seen so far ~

SNAG-2024-7-3-055.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • GeekFactorGeekFactor Posts: 7

Check out Body Hair System for G8F by Exnem over at Rendo. Has hair for arms, legs, tummy, etc. The hair density can be thinned out if you're going for conventional rather than hirsute, and adds a nice touch of realism to your figure.

Causam3D also has several Vellus products at R-Hub.

crosswind said:

AuoFitting with G9 Clone on G8.x will do ~ No distortion has been seen so far ~

That looks encouraging 

joanna said:

Masterstroke said:

joanna said:

I'm not sure I understand. I just linked the similar product for G8F by another vendor (who also has a G9 version that from what I've seen in forum discussions is considered superior to the one you linked). Unless you mean specifically G8M only? Then no, there isn't, as far as I know. 

The here recomanded system is not hair in any sense, but a geoshell with displacement maps. I am all about avoiding geoshells whenover possible.