Another Empty Promise Daz? Extra 50% off Wishlist Items

RowanessqueRowanessque Posts: 135
edited July 3 in The Commons

Where? so I popped something out of my wishlist, just to test to see if that works, and it doesn't. Normally there was a code you popped in today there was nothing no code. Last time you said  Extra 50% off Wishlist Items it didn't work, so this time I was testing and guess what DAZ it didn't work. Empty promises. What happened I used to believe in you, now I don't bother believing in you any more, because nothing works. Your loss because I don't spend any money and I am starting to lose my trust in you. 

sorry if this in the wrong place, please move it, if it is I guess people don't complain any more. We used to and things changed but not any more. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

The wishlist items cannot be New Releases, Daz+ items or items on the Featured Artists selection.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

Moved to the Commons as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

It certainly as working, as long as eligible items were chosen - and the rules are given. In cases like this it is best to say what you are trying to buy, so that others may spot the issue.

• RowanessqueRowanessque Posts: 135

Thanks Richard, I knew it was in the wrong place but didn't know where it went, I will try to remember Commons. So my issue was it said 50% off wishlist items, and you had to include new release as well, but there was no code, so I found another link that said typed in wish, none of which worked. Any way its a mute comment now because the sale is over, if it ever existed and it saved me a fortune on spending surplus cash on items I might use but will just clutter up my storage system. So Good Job Daz another sale fail saved me a lot of cash. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

There was no code for that sale as I recall, but it did have restrictions on which items were eligible.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,937

Rowanessque said:

Thanks Richard, I knew it was in the wrong place but didn't know where it went, I will try to remember Commons. So my issue was it said 50% off wishlist items, and you had to include new release as well, but there was no code, so I found another link that said typed in wish, none of which worked. Any way its a mute comment now because the sale is over, if it ever existed and it saved me a fortune on spending surplus cash on items I might use but will just clutter up my storage system. So Good Job Daz another sale fail saved me a lot of cash. 

The sale most certainly existed. That is what Newsletters are for and advertisments on the store front. It had exceptions to it and if you had those products in your cart of course it wouldn't work. The exceptions are clearly marked. That is not Dazs fault if you had the wrong items in your cart.. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,023

The codes for the last wishlist sales were WISH and 1776, iirc.  The problem with most of the recent "wishlist" sales is that they've had so many exclusions and other qualified conditions that it has, indeed, been hard to get them to work as advertised and because of those exclusions you actually often got a much better price by NOT using the wishlist sale.  The other thing I noticed about this latest set was that one of them used the same code several days in a row but that code had a "one use only" restriction, so while the wishlist offer ran several days over several ads, you only got one shot at it... and then, of course, there was the common problem that clicking on the button for the wishlist sale took you to a selection that started with several pages of "new" and therefore non-eligible items.     

• retiretomauiretiretomaui Posts: 387

I used, "1776" and it worked. Since I've bought so little lately due to DAz's massive price increases, most of my wishlist items are from months, if not several years ago, so I didn't experience the issues that the topic started did. I still haven't yet placed the order, but the discounts are being taken. As long as I'm limiting myself to older items, it seems to be working. This isn't an issue as I'm not moving up to Genesis 9. 

Bob

• Cybersox said:

The codes for the last wishlist sales were WISH and 1776, iirc.  The problem with most of the recent "wishlist" sales is that they've had so many exclusions and other qualified conditions that it has, indeed, been hard to get them to work as advertised and because of those exclusions you actually often got a much better price by NOT using the wishlist sale.  The other thing I noticed about this latest set was that one of them used the same code several days in a row but that code had a "one use only" restriction, so while the wishlist offer ran several days over several ads, you only got one shot at it... and then, of course, there was the common problem that clicking on the button for the wishlist sale took you to a selection that started with several pages of "new" and therefore non-eligible items.     

Agree with you about all. Those. Exceptions. Also agree that the selection pages of items that trigger the wishlist sale are often confusing if not outright erroneous. The first day (7/4?) of the 1776 code, the New Release link went to a page that was supposed to be all new releases. However the page also wrongly included a dozen non-new items. Subsequent days, the link went to the main sales page.

By the way, the 1776 code is still valid today and any New Release, including Daz+, will get you the additional 30% off. It's on today's sales page and I can confirm it works properly.

• PixelPiePixelPie Posts: 319

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

By the way, the 1776 code is still valid today and any New Release, including Daz+, will get you the additional 30% off. It's on today's sales page and I can confirm it works properly.

It's a bummer it's only good for one use as I didn't have much time last night before tolkens expired 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994
    edited July 7

...yeah got RawArt's Cthuloid for G9, and RSSY's Character converter for G3F to G8F, using Predatron's Follyview (D+ item) as the buy in wih the 1776 coupon.. Also had a couple tokens to throw in before they expire tonight. .

Tempted by the Presidential Bundle, but that wil have to wait for now (one of the few bundles that I'm actually interested in).

Yeah a small cart as usual, but things I really wanted.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

My timing was awful on this sale, my 4 tokens expired last night. Not doing anything. My spend for this sale: 92 cents store credit. I got an LD item.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,229

I've got 8 tokens expiring tonight. I'm trying to decide if I care.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,479
    on a side note during some of these discount wish list sales most of my wishlist items were at full price to start with but during the periods when there hasn't been a wishlist sale they get discounted so sometimes the wishlisted stuff is cheaper then when these sales are on