Lekkulians for G9 [commercial]

RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,864

Lekkulians are back, with more options than ever

https://www.daz3d.com/lekkulian-for-genesis-9

The depths of space became much more interesting. The low gravity of their home world gifted the Lekkulian with long limbs and an elegant gait, but their most striking features are the prehensile tails that emerge from their head. When asked about the purpose of the tails, they simply smile and saunter away.

These stunning aliens come in a multitude of colors, and stunning tattoo work.

Characters can be used with and without the distinctive alien feet.

This set was designed with ultra-realistic PBR texture techniques. The High Definition morphs, High Quality textures really bring this character to life for your renders.

What's Included and Features

• Lekkulian for Genesis 9: (.DUF)
    • Male and Female Lekkulian Character Presets
    • Male and Female Lekkulian Shaping Presets
    • Complete Shape Apply Male and Female
    • One Lekkulian Tentacle Geograft Attachment with multiple shaping and easy pose dials
  • Material Options:
    • Five Full Male Skin Mats with male anatomical Elements
    • Five Full Female Skin Mats with male anatomical Elements
    • Seven Eye Material Presets
    • Three Head Tattoo Material Presets with Three Color Variations
    • Five Arm Tattoo Material Presets with Three Color Variations
    • Five Head Tentacle Tattoo Material Presets with Three Color Variations

Comments

• DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 352

VERY COOL! I've been wishing someone would do these, and who better than Rawart?!

• MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 48

YES!!! I'm so ridiculously happy right now! One of the main characters of the book I'm getting ready to release is built off Lekkulian 2 for G8M, and I've been wanting so badly to convert him to G9 but couldn't because of the geograft tentacles. You've made me SO happy! I always told myself that if you made Lekkulian for G9, I'd buy it immediately. Well, it's in my cart. I just need to figure out what else I'm buying today. Now I have a weekend of retooling my character design ahead of me, so I can redo the promo artwork. I'm excited! You're my absolute hero today, RawArt!

One question... Some of your promo pics show bare skin on the tentacles, i.e. without decoration. Is that an option? I'm buying regardless, but I'd love to know if there's the possibility of adding my own decoration to the tentacle mats. I've really been wanting to design more of my character's race but needed the ability to modify the tentacle patterns (you know, like how zebras all have different stripe patterns). Just wondering if I can do that now.

Awesome, awesome job! I can't wait to play!

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,864
    edited July 5

The patterns on the tentacles are applied using the make up channel on the surfaces, so they can be easily turned on and off and new ones can be made using masks appled to that channel, so it should be really flexible that way.

Also the distinctive leg morphs I make for the lekkulians is a seperate morph this time, so it can be dialed up or off depending on your desires.

Post edited by RawArt on
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 942

Nice! But I do have a question. The male version has normal looking human like feet which fits into the boots in one of the promo renders. The female version has alien type feet which obviously won't work with footwear. Is there a way to get the human like feet on the female version? Or some way to get footwear to work without distortion?

RawArt said:

The patterns on the tentacles are applied using the make up channel on the surfaces, so they can be easily turned on and off and new ones can be made using masks appled to that channel, so it should be really flexible that way.

laugh

Yay! You're awesome! Thanks so much! 

nabob21 said:

Nice! But I do have a question. The male version has normal looking human like feet which fits into the boots in one of the promo renders. The female version has alien type feet which obviously won't work with footwear. Is there a way to get the human like feet on the female version? Or some way to get footwear to work without distortion?

see my above post ;)

but short answer is yes, the legs morph is optional

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,413

Really great! I also like the faces very much.

• MetalSunde94MetalSunde94 Posts: 91

The head "tails" doesn't really work good with "custom (meaning a mix of 2 Daz morphs: Ivar9 and Michael 9)" head morphs...

Any chance for a update on that or is only for the Lekkulians Head and Body morphs?

Would be cool to have the horns on the ears as an Add-On, the female Twi'Lek have that and it could be like different size so it would'nt be copyright trouble and so on...

There are only so many variations I can include in any given set, I try to make as many as possible, but individual pet preferences may not be included for various different reasons.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336

Always love your work.  Great figure!

Thank You

Here is a for fun shot I did with her, subtly mixed in a couple other characters

RawArt said:

Thank You

Here is a for fun shot I did with her, subtly mixed in a couple other characters

So, apparently, one CAN do a mix of SOME characters unlike the issue mentioned above? Do you recall which ones you used?

Of course characters can be mixed in, as long as you have realistic expectations. They wont look exactly like the original character because obviously there are already shaping morphs involved.

The main one I used there is from a female toon-type character I am also working on and will release this summer ;)

Cool. I look forward to  what you have coming Rawart.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 942

Thanks for the reply about the legs RawArt. Sorry I missed it in your prior post. If I may make a suggestion, include the fact that the leg morphs are separate in the product description as that is a selling point in my opinion.

nabob21 said:

Thanks for the reply about the legs RawArt. Sorry I missed it in your prior post. If I may make a suggestion, include the fact that the leg morphs are separate in the product description as that is a selling point in my opinion.

It is right there in the details section "Characters can be used with and without the distinctive alien feet."  ;)

• I had asked the questions in another forum before I spotted this one. I still do not see the leg morphs and I do not know what a make up channel is. 

• I found the leg morphs. Sorry...I just have ALOT of morphs. 

edited July 7

Glad you sorted out the leg morphs

A makeup channel is part of the iray material settings in the surfaces tab.

It is part of the surface that allows you to add textures on top of the regular surfaces. It is often used for makeup, and in this case I used it for the tattoos

You can apply them with the material presets I included (though the way that channel works, you wont see the tattoos until you render...which is a bit of a pita)

Post edited by RawArt on
  • ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 318

I don't have much use for your complete creatures, RawArt, but I highly appreciate the work that goes into them. I've picked up many for some detail or another that to use on my characters. Case in point - the bodies on these Lekkulians are superb. Love them! And the tattoos too!

edited July 8

After spending the last few days recreating my character in the G9 version, I have to say I'm very, very happy. The makeup channel in the surfaces is super easy to use; it only took so long because I'm a perfectionist and I needed to get the stripes just right. And I'm absolutely thrilled with how nicely the tentacles pose. The G8 version is a bit finicky with that. The sculpt, textures, and features of this model all exceed my expectations. THANK YOU, RawArt!

DSF_UriGarden.jpg
    800 x 450 - 320K
    Post edited by MissLeah on

Looks great...you did a great job in customizing it to how you want

• stelaristelari Posts: 80

They are great - defnitely mixable, just not with all characters (maybe ones that change the cranium size/shape? Something causes the tentacles to split from the skull with some character mixes). Attached a few with 100% heads mixed in: Isolde, Hanako (TypeG), and Stubborn Man.

lekk1s.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    lekk2s.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    lekk3s.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M

Looking good!

I especially like the dark skinned version you have, the costume and the gold tattoos match so nicely