Elis Hair for Genesis 9 hide bangs?

https://www.daz3d.com/elis-hair-for-genesis-9
So i grabbed this today and was eager to test, in the promos it is shown that the bangs can be hidden and the script does hide them in texture shade, but in iray the bangs are still there. The omnihair shader doesn't seem to support opacity, but it's shown in the promos so there should be a way to make it work, right? Any ideas?

sidebside.PNG
1507 x 862 - 2M

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,165

It says on the product page that there is a material setting for show/hide bangs.

Where are you looking?

• felis said:

It says on the product page that there is a material setting for show/hide bangs.

Where are you looking?

As shown, the bangs are hidden in the texture shade, but they still appear on iray preview and spot render.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,508

felis said:

Where are you looking?

As Christine13Black described it to me on Discord, it seems to be trying to use the hidden opacity parameters on the OmniHair shader, but to the best of my knowledge the OmniHair opacity channels are not actually functional in Iray.

(I do not have this hair specifically, but can report that trying to use the Opacity channel on another SBH using OmniHair replicates the result - disappears in viewport, but completely visible in any Iray render).

If this is the method it is trying to use, I don't expect it to work, but that leads to the question of how it is apparently functional in the product promos.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,878