Hmmm... Wish (already) granted? 

Like Joanna said...already got you covered

https://www.daz3d.com/wendigo-for-genesis-81-male

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    See attached
    Wendigo-1-2.jpg
    600 x 750 - 116K
  • protosyntheticprotosynthetic Posts: 117

Technically, neither of those is a wendigo, but I love the one that RawArt already has out.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,864

I figured this would likely become one of those "but this mythological creature is supposed to look like this" threads....it happens alot.

When I make characters, I do reasearch on them, and more often than not there are very diverse and even opposing ideas out there as to what a specific creature is "supposed" to look like, at which point I develop what I make as to what best suits my inspiration and the limits of what d/s can handle

edited July 9

RawArt said:

I figured this would likely become one of those "but this mythological creature is supposed to look like this" threads....it happens alot.

When I make characters, I do reasearch on them, and more often than not there are very diverse and even opposing ideas out there as to what a specific creature is "supposed" to look like, at which point I develop what I make as to what best suits my inspiration and the limits of what d/s can handle

Not that at all. Hollywood made a compelling creature that stuck, you can't get it wrong because it's not based on lore. And what you made is a beautiful, eerie adaptation of that. And as soon as I saw it released, on my old account, I whipped the wallet out.

Wendigo is merely someone who is overcome with greed and selfishness, anything supernatural tied to it is the vision of someone who consumes more and more to the point of cannibalism, but still withers away to a waif. Any growth is up. It's a human, albeit emaciated. The human form of Oso3D's Raven Mocker ( https://www.daz3d.com/raven-mocker-hd-for-genesis-8-male ) is more in line with an "actual" wendigo, if one were to get semantic. All else is Pagan fan art. What I was saying, there and here, was more to OP. You didn't get it wrong, at all. I defend your vision of it.

Post edited by protosynthetic on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,864

I am not sure what you mean about the wendigo not being based on lore.....it originates out of Algonquin folklore. But its look has evolved alot through modern storytelling, turning it from a more bigfoot like creature, to something zombie like, and then into the deer-skull werewolf type of creature that I used as my main source of inspiration.

Personally I have come to believe that the actual original version is most like a bigfoot if you want to be technically accurate. (which I didnt in this case)

RawArt said:

I am not sure what you mean about the wendigo not being based on lore.....it originates out of Algonquin folklore. But its look has evolved alot through modern storytelling, turning it from a more bigfoot like creature, to something zombie like, and then into the deer-skull werewolf type of creature that I used as my main source of inspiration.

Personally I have come to believe that the actual original version is most like a bigfoot if you want to be technically accurate. (which I didnt in this case)

I was meaning the visage, not Wendigo itself.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    RawArt said:

No, not "it should look like this." I just wish I had that version.