Poser file tut confusion

So not from this world had a tut go up for using poser files in daz. Ive been throwing all poser "runtime" files into my daz library as is with 99% sucsess...... his tut / comment says he cant do the same.......I am confused how people use runtime / poser files.

Poser file confusion.png
1920 x 1080 - 96K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,075

Yes, the Runtime for the Poser files merges with the Runtime for textures and metadata for native DS files in the root folder of your content directory. Mac users do have to be careful when trying to merge two folders, but that is generally true - not just for a particular file type.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 594
    edited July 13

I had similar thoughts when I watched NotFrom ThisWorld’s YouTube video yesterday as well.  I was going to leave a comment but did not.  If I purchase a product in the DAZ3D store that is designed for Poser, I let DIM install it to my Daz Studio directory.  I also manually install the product to the Daz Studio directory on my backup drive.  I know that I could have DIM install Poser products to my Poser directory, but I’d have to change the install location each time and remember to change it back before my next install of a Daz Studio product.  I have the Daz Studio Content Directory Manager setup to look for content in my Daz Studio directory and in my Poser directory.  Similarly, I have Poser setup to look for content in the same Poser directory and Daz Studio directory.

When I buy Poser content from Renderosity, I manually install it to the Poser directory on my main and backup drives.

Daz Studio.jpg
    572 x 586 - 66K
    Poser.jpg
    359 x 391 - 37K
    Post edited by jjoyner on