Wondering about Sprite and SueYee vendors

MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,959

Both vendors offer top notch and very similar clothings.
Also their promotion styles look very much alike.
Makes me wondering, if these two are actually the same vendor or have at least a very close business relationship.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,969

Someone on this forum, I don't remember who (Crosswind?), actually knows SueYee personally, so maybe they'll drop in here. I do have to strongly disagree with you on how similar their products and promos look, though. SueYee's clothes are very practical, everyday sort of clothing, while Sprite's offerings tend more towards skimpwear/fetishwear. They both recently started using the mannequin in their promos, but SueYee's non-mannequin promos feature an anime-style girl, while Sprite's use ordinary humans. Also, not that this is conclusive of anything, but Sue Yee still offers products for G9 AND G8, while Sprite is strictly G9 at this point.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,187

Sprite also seems to make his clothes as a single piece, even when there's visually obviously seperate parts, like a top and a skirt. Meaning, you automatically equip both top and skirt, even when you're just interested in, for example, the skirt, and want to combine it with a top from some other outfit. I've passed on several otherwise decent outfits because of this limitation.
    SueYee generally does keep seperate parts seperate, so mix/matching and kitbashing between outfits is quite easy, making them way more versatile in use.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

I just wish they both started making some relaxed-fit tops. I have all the body-hugging stuff I need.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,959

lou_harper said:

I just wish they both started making some relaxed-fit tops. I have all the body-hugging stuff I need.

Where have I've already heard that? indecisionangelwink 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,673

Yep, SueYee is a friend of mine, and they're different PAs as other already said, and I also agree with Gordig and Drip . Personally I prefer to SueYee's products though I never have to buy them from her... laugh

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727
    edited July 15

To me, the difference is also quite obvious, although I do understand why one would make a general connection between the two. But SueYee always is courteous enough (at least with the products I bought from her) to include base masculine morphs for G9 clothes, whereas Sprite unfortunately doesn't - and their clothes really don't fit G9 males very well. So SueYee seems much more accommodating to me. Also also, the cloth styles that they like to present with their textures are very different.

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,325

Sue Yee's work is absolutely lovely and wonderfully executed. I don't do much with female characters, unfortunately. Fingers crossed she one day finds menswear inspiring.