Carrara -> Daz Studio 4.8 - Problems

Good evening!

I've problems in bringing Scenes / models from Carrara 8.5 Pro to DAZ Studio 4.8... Latest example: I created a simple robe according following a tutorial (http://carraracafe.com/tutorials/carrara-rigging-made-easy/) and I'm recognizing that I fail in exporting it to DAZ Studio.

What has been tried:

1. Save as → DAZ Collada (*.dae): Error: An I/O errror occured while executing Save As... Refernceto a file "ColladaExporter.cpp" Line: 228
  2. Mark object (group with Mesh and Bones) → Export → DAZ Collada (*.dae): Doesn't create file, no error report
  3. Save as → Filmbox (FBX): Carrara saves file, but DAZ can't import it. No error report, just no object occuring, not even a hint
  4. Mark object (group with Mesh and Bones) → Export → Filmbox (FBX): Carrara saves file, but DAZ can't import it. No error report, just no object occuring, not even a hint

OBJ is working but - because of file format - rigging is lost on the way.

Is there a solution?

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Well... kind of. But not really. Here's the thing:

We can use DAZ Studio rigging in Carrara via DUF, but we cannot use Carrara rigging in D|S.

If the robe is supposed to work with a figure, export as OBJ without rigging and use D|S to do that part, and save from there - then it will work in Carrara.

Here are some nice video tutorials for doing what I've said above inside DAZ Studio 4 and newer.

Content Creation Tool Playlist

If I was right, and you're making stuff for use with Genesis (or some other figure), you're going to love how fun this all is! 

You'll see instructions on Exporting Genesis some special way to get it into your modeler in the right way, so that you can model around it, adjust for certain poses, etc.,

We Carrara users are so lucky in that regard, having the modeler that simply opens Genesis, not as a static model, but with all of its rigging in working order! Woot!

This makes the whole flow so much easier and less cumbersome, I think.

DAZ Studio has some fantastic Content Creation Tools... you'll love those too! ;)

• Thanks! I'll work throgh these in the coming weeks/days... smiley