Giving some life to Cataleya's texture?

RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,041
edited July 17 in The Commons

I love the G8F Cataleya character, and have been trying to do some full length portrait work with her. I have noticed, however (even in some of her promo images), that her skin texture has a flat, almost painterly quality to it that I cannot eliminate, regardless of lighting. I wondered if anyone else has noticed this, and can perhaps offer a means of imparting some life to her skin to reduce that flat quality. I'd hate to use another texture and potentially compromise her lovely character identity.

Thanks!

Post edited by RenderPretender on

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,860
    edited July 17

Here's what I would do: I'd load Cataleya and Zelara 8. Then, I'd carefully and individually copy each of Cataleya's diffuse maps into their corresponding position on Zelara 8 using the Surfaces tab. Next, I'd highlight all of the surfaces on Zelara 8, right click, and on the dialog box that pops up, click "Copy surfaces." Finally, I'd go to Cataleya, highlight all surfaces, right click, and click "Paste surfaces." Test render, and watch your girl shine like she never has before. Adjust translucency and Dual Lobe settings to taste.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,041

xyer0 said:

Here's what I would do: I'd load Cataleya and Zelara 8. Then I'd carefully and individually copy each of Cataleya's diffuse maps into their corresponding position on Zelara 8 using the Surfaces tab. Next I'd highlight all of the surfaces on Zelara 8, right click, and on the dialog box that pops up, click "Copy surfaces." Finally, I'd go to Cataleya, highlight all surfaces, right click, and click "Paste surfaces." Test render and watch your girl shine like she never has before. Adjust the Dual Lobe settings to taste.

Thanks for the time and effort you took to reply. Sadly, I don't have Zelara I ended up using CJ8/Sandra's texture, which respects the original character's general presence, but just seems to be much higher quality right out of the box.