Clipboard_07-18-2024_01.jpg
1250 x 530 - 32K
Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Comments

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 418

Most likely the house elf (like dobby)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994

....not the server hamster? 

Oh, that's right, his name is Burt not hpclscruffy and he's just in charge of keeping the power to the server going by running in his wheel.

Full story here.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7723351/#Comment_7723351

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
    edited July 18

I was actually thinking somewhat along those lines - perhaps it's the secret* name of the imp** who lives inside the DAZ content library and snacks on various denizens while sipping from his martini... and he's somehow got into the server...

*well, not so secret now... sort of like Rumpelstiltskin

**or, to be more precise, monster rat - there's a picture and short tale somewhere, try googling images for "Behind the 404 (June 2018)"

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,451

sometimes when you google daz3d topics, the google search results will take you to a hpclscruffy URL.  It has been happening to me for several years,

I have always refused to log in on a hpclscruffy
     URL because im a luddite and dont know if its dodgy or not.  But from my experience seems to be a valid thing.

• Hello!

I use ChatGPT 4o for clerical and scripting in Maya so it's my go to for weird things like this too!

Here's what it replied:

Seeing a new word like "hpclscruffy" in the URL of a website you regularly visit could be due to a few different reasons:

1. Session or User Tracking: Some websites use unique identifiers in the URL for session tracking or to customize the user experience. These identifiers can be randomly generated and may change each time you visit the site.

2. Debugging or Testing: The website might be undergoing updates, and the developers could be using "hpclscruffy" as a placeholder or marker for testing purposes.

3. Malware or Hijacking: Although less likely, it’s important to consider the possibility of malware or a hijacked session. If the site doesn't look or behave as it usually does, this could be a red flag.

4. Custom URL Parameters: The website might be using custom URL parameters for internal reasons, which might include debugging, tracking, or specific user navigation flows.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 457

I was assuming it was this guy running the site:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

ParallaxCreates said:

Hello!

I use ChatGPT 4o for clerical and scripting in Maya so it's my go to for weird things like this too!

Here's what it replied:

Seeing a new word like "hpclscruffy" in the URL of a website you regularly visit could be due to a few different reasons:

1. Session or User Tracking: Some websites use unique identifiers in the URL for session tracking or to customize the user experience. These identifiers can be randomly generated and may change each time you visit the site.

2. Debugging or Testing: The website might be undergoing updates, and the developers could be using "hpclscruffy" as a placeholder or marker for testing purposes.

3. Malware or Hijacking: Although less likely, it’s important to consider the possibility of malware or a hijacked session. If the site doesn't look or behave as it usually does, this could be a red flag.

4. Custom URL Parameters: The website might be using custom URL parameters for internal reasons, which might include debugging, tracking, or specific user navigation flows.

Don't make the msitake of taking AI seriously.

We are told, by a human who knows:

HPCL = High Performance Caching Layer
    Scruffy = A Futurama character reference, used as the codename for the product delivery system backend

• Richard Haseltine said:

ParallaxCreates said:

Hello!

Here's what it replied:

Don't make the msitake of taking AI seriously.

We are told, by a human who knows:

HPCL = High Performance Caching Layer
    Scruffy = A Futurama character reference, used as the codename for the product delivery system backend

I'm sending all my ChatGPT inquiries to you from now on.

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 541

And here I thought Hogwarts was adding a new house called "Hupple Scruffy" cheeky

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,021

hmmm...

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,901

I did a Duckduckgo search and found a Reddit post from a year ago that had the hpclscruffy at the start of the link, leading to a store item

• Hey folks, I've had a render stall and crash pretty consistently and the last thing the file logged every time, when trying to retrieve textures at the beginning of the render, was:

"[WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(184): Failed to read https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Server/ping?SID=rDJsDjRo2o0SnHJD1CVb_RcvAssTjdGD24HSsWTqCiF7C7LLOYV92Q trying again, curl error was: Timeout was reached" 

Any idea what might mean and how to fix it?