Figuring Out DzSetting keys/properties for DzAction

I know how to find the names of DzActions and also how to trigger the actions. For example, using triggerWithSettings method - but that requires a settings object. I need to be able to find out the name of the settings properties.

For example, in the Silent OBJ Import script sample on the daz website, a DzFileIOSettings is created and some settings are set with it. "Scale," "LatAxis," "InvertDepth," "RunSilent" etc are some of the keys shown in the sample script.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/import_obj_silent/start

What I need is to be able to find the key names for the DzAction I want to use. For context, one of the actions I am trying to use is DzJECreateBoneAction. But I also use other actions, so I need a way to figure out how to populate DzSetting objects for those actions as well, by finding out the key names. Ideally, I want to be able to automate things as much as possible, silently running these actions and being able to populate the settings files as much as possible without manual input by the user.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,075

Only some actions (currently) give adjustable settings the with settings option - it has to be added deliberately by the developers, it doesn't happen automatically. Check the chnage log to see which actions are supported, and as of which version. A search using

site:docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4 "change log" "triggerWithSettings"

should turn them up.

• gmrend125gmrend125 Posts: 4

Richard Haseltine said:

Only some actions (currently) give adjustable settings the with settings option - it has to be added deliberately by the developers, it doesn't happen automatically. Check the chnage log to see which actions are supported, and as of which version. A search using

site:docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4 "change log" "triggerWithSettings"

should turn them up.

Thank you, so I suppose I'll have to make do without it for now