1000 x 1300 - 520K
main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 730K
Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,259

Finally!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,371

Great! Now I can do my medieval village, in a forest.

Cheers,

Alex.

• RandomRandom Posts: 201
    edited July 24

Is there any distorting mechanism to alter the mask?  Can we design our own "swiggly" masks? Can we scatter some flower or whatever just in the mask area?

Post edited by Random on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,828

Random said:

Is there any distorting mechanism to alter the mask?  Can we design our own "swiggly" masks? Can we scatter some flower or whatever just in the mask area?

The masks are based on a rectangle and a circle, that can be changed, but you can add multiple masks.
    You can use the invert settings either on the mask itself or invert it for the layer in USC2, so for example if you add some makes and set them to minimum level, then set those to the biome you want at a certain place and use the "USC2" mask invert, you get plants where the masks are. 

Ok. Thanks. That's the flexibility I was looking for.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,274
    edited July 24

I love the new Mask Builder II and its real-time features, but I can't figure out if certain things are is possible.

I can only make circular or square masks, but in the promo images, there are rectangular and oval maps displayed.

I can see how to make the circular and square maps larger, smaller, raise and lower the opacity and feather, but I cannot figure out if it is possible to move the location of the white part around.

I would like to be able to create white lines, ovals, rectangles and, in general, "paint" blob layers that I can position in the black area as needed. None of that seems possible.

And how do I add a height map mask to the landscape from within Mask Builder II?

Post edited by RexRed on

RexRed said:

I love the new Mask Builder II and its real-time features, but I can't figure out if certain things are is possible.

I can only make circular or square masks, but in the promo images, there are rectangular and oval maps displayed.

I can see how to make the circular and square maps larger, smaller, raise and lower the opacity and feather, but I cannot figure out if it is possible to move the location of the white part around.

I would like to be able to create white lines, ovals, rectangles and, in general, "paint" blob layers that I can position in the black area as needed. None of that seems possible.

And how do I add a height map mask to the landscape from within Mask Builder II?

Resize the masks X/Z , rotade and scale 

Totte said:

RexRed said:

Resize the masks X/Z , rotade and scale 

Oh, that is a great idea! I thought about doing that, I can also stretch the mask to obtain oblong shapes thanks for your help!  

edited July 24

How do I apply a Mask Builder mask (square or circle) to the Ultra Scenery terrrain within Mask Builder?

I see the square view window for applying a mask on the right side, I just don't know how to apply one to it for height changes.

How do I make the height parameter slider so it is not grayed out?

Post edited by RexRed on

RexRed said:

How do I apply a Mask Builder mask (square or circle) to the Ultra Scenery terrrain within Mask Builder?

I see the square view window for applying a mask on the right side, I just don't know how to apply one to it for height changes.

How do I make the height parameter slider so it is not grayed out?

I figured it out, the height works beautifully! 

• drucdruc Posts: 396

Instant buy, haven't had a chance to try it yet. Installed and ready to go (I hope). Just working on an indoor scene at the moment. But this will be handy when a window, and outside, is required. 

Dual purpose for a mask. Use it as intended (inverted or not) and then use UltraScatter on it to add some more vegitation.

edited July 25

Random said:

Dual purpose for a mask. Use it as intended (inverted or not) and then use UltraScatter on it to add some more vegitation.

Indeed - I used Ultrascatter to spread LowPi Heightmarkers then populated the scene with LowPis... based on a mask generated by MaskBuilder II

the_rally.jpg
    2400 x 1020 - 459K
    Post edited by Totte on

Neat. Have to try that.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,281

Quick question: can the masked area be lowered as well as raised? (i.e. can you make a dip in the landscape using the mask?)

MelanieL said:

Quick question: can the masked area be lowered as well as raised? (i.e. can you make a dip in the landscape using the mask?)

Yes.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,281

DoctorJellybean said:

MelanieL said:

Yes.

Thanks for the info.

That makes it even more versatile. It's in my cart but I'm waiting a little to see whether anything else grabs me today (e.g. lightning deal) before I hit that pay button.  

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,283

Totte said:

Random said:

Indeed - I used Ultrascatter to spread LowPi Heightmarkers then populated the scene with LowPis... based on a mask generated by MaskBuilder II

Great example of placing LowPi folks. Have not thought of such usage, yet.

• I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get it to work. Following the instructions but I must be missing something. Is there a video somewhere? All I'm getting when I go into the script is a black square in the mask area with no indication that there's a mask anywhere. 

edited August 19

echristopherclark said:

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get it to work. Following the instructions but I must be missing something. Is there a video somewhere? All I'm getting when I go into the script is a black square in the mask area with no indication that there's a mask anywhere. 

Did you by any chance install it using DazConnect?
    And do you have the C66 Graphics Plugin installed?

Post edited by Totte on
  • Thanks for the quick reply and apologies for my delayed response. No, I didn't install via DazConnect and yes, I do have the C66 Graphics Plugin installed. Thanks for any additional assistance or suggestions you can provide.

echristopherclark said:

Thanks for the quick reply and apologies for my delayed response. No, I didn't install via DazConnect and yes, I do have the C66 Graphics Plugin installed. Thanks for any additional assistance or suggestions you can provide.

Can you provide a screenshot of the window?

• Totte said:

echristopherclark said:

Thanks for the quick reply and apologies for my delayed response. No, I didn't install via DazConnect and yes, I do have the C66 Graphics Plugin installed. Thanks for any additional assistance or suggestions you can provide.

Yes, happy to. I should note that I just tried it on a different machine (I normally work on my PC because of it's NVidia card) and I can make it work if I do "Both," but not if I do "Mask," unless maybe I'm misunderstanding how things work.

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 1.14.13 PM.png
    2024 x 1880 - 1M

echristopherclark said:

Totte said:

echristopherclark said:

Yes, happy to. I should note that I just tried it on a different machine (I normally work on my PC because of it's NVidia card) and I can make it work if I do "Both," but not if I do "Mask," unless maybe I'm misunderstanding how things work.

That is correct, the title for the "black square" is  Current Custom Heightmap Overlay, and you have no heightmaps set, only mask.

Quite a large Mask Scale .... 2000%

DoctorJellybean said:

Quite a large Mask Scale .... 2000%

Big ground calls for a big mask ;-) 

• I'm working on a 256 width scene, to explain the 2000% scale. And now, mysteriously, it's working. A few trees appear to peak through in the non-iray preview but when I go to render it looks clean. I have no idea what I did differently today, except to use my Mac instead of my PC.

test.png
    1000 x 1000 - 3M

Works on both (but developed on Mac). Could be USC2 just didnt decide to update the scene fast enough.

• echristopherclarkechristopherclark Posts: 241
    edited August 19

Totte said:

Works on both (but developed on Mac). Could be USC2 just didnt decide to update the scene fast enough.

I think the .duf file I was working in got corrupted somehow. I was also seeing some other annoyances (not USC2 or Mask Builder II related). Anyway, I'm starting from scratch and everything's working now. I'll see what happens when I transfer this file back to my PC tonight. But for now: back to the day job!

Post edited by echristopherclark on
    edited August 19

echristopherclark said:

Totte said:

I think the .duf file I was working in got corrupted somehow. I was also seeing some other annoyances (not USC2 or Mask Builder II related). Anyway, I'm starting from scratch and everything's working now. I'll see what happens when I transfer this file back to my PC tonight. But for now: back to the day job!

For some using DAZ is a day job! Glad it's working now.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on