Genesis 9 dForce clothing on Genesis 8.1F

nabob21nabob21 Posts: 942

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if Genesis 9 dForce clothing will work with G8.1F? I know there are clothing converters that will convert from G9 to G8.1F, but does all the dForce settings transfer over as well?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

nabob21

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,508
    edited July 24

The answer is "maybe".

Sometimes it transfers brilliantly, as dForce makes up for the joint correctives that you won't get when transferring between generations. Other times, you'll run into the problem that some dForce clothing uses dForce add-ons to reinforce some parts of them or keep buttoned parts together, but no converter I've yet seen correctly converts these so they'll actually work. (I've done it manually, but it's an involved and technical process).

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 942

Thanks for the reply Matt_Castle. Does it work any better if I just use AutoFit instead of a converter?

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,508

No.

While AutoFit probably won't entirely abort (the RSSY converter will usually abort whenever it encounters any preset load with multiple parts), it won't convert any add-ons.

There's no definitive tool that will always be able to convert any asset without problems, and a general answer is always going to be no better than "it depends".

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 942

Thanks Again Matt_Castle.