KOO Earl Morph Dials are Present but not loading.

I recently just bought this item https://www.daz3d.com/koo-earl-hd-for-genesis-9. For some reason the character loads with the materials and the hair just fine, but the morphs don't load or something. Also if I try to adjust his morph dials, nothing changes. The screen shot shows a sample of me moving the dials but no changes to the model.

So far I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Earl and the genesis 9 essentials, also tried restarting the program and the computer, but nothing worked. All the other morph dials seem to work on this character.

Screenshot (129).png
1920 x 1080 - 1M
Screenshot (128).png
1920 x 1080 - 1M

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

Head, body, and master sliders are working for me. I don't see any resolved Issues in the read me, but it may be worth a fresh download in case there was a silent fix for an issue. How are you installing?

• djricky088djricky088 Posts: 6
    edited July 25

First I tried through the Daz Install Manager, that didn't work, so I uninstalled and tried it manually, that didn't work either. So then I tried to use the DIM again. 

**Tried it again just now. I'm still getting the same thing.

Post edited by djricky088 on

And others are working? Even if you unisntall a character, make sure that its sliders are gone, then reinstall it?

Something that I just noticed. I did uninstall Earl again and his morph dial is not present.

But when I installed it again, and loaded the Generic Genesis 9 figure, the morph dial is not present.

But when I load the KOO Earl model, the morph dial is present, but it still doesn't work.

Screenshot (130).png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Screenshot (131).png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

Here is another screen shot with Dain 8 added to the group, Dain also doesn't have the Earl morph dials, but the Dain morph is working.

Screenshot (132).png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

Genesis 8, 8.1, and 9 are different figures (though 8.1 should show the 8 morphs).

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited July 29

Assuming the product is correctly installed, then everything you have shown here points directly to bad "Parent data".

No morphs showing with the base figure is normal as Studio will have blocked them from being loaded.
    The Control slider showing when using a character preset is also normal, the morph call in the preset has a "Parent" line which forces DS to load the file, but the control slider doesn't work as none of the other morphs were called by the preset.

The problem with all of that is that Richard says his works, which means something else is going on.

I'd recommend clearing the DSON cache as your first step, it's something I'd recommend everybody gets used to doing on a regular basis, especially when your installing/uninstalling content.

To clear it go "Edit > Preferences" in DS, under the "General" tab you will find "DSON Cache Files" near the bottom, to the right of it you will see two buttons "Default" and "Clear".

After clearing the cache try loading the character again and see if anything has changed, if it still doesn't work then it's time for a support ticket.

Post edited by Bejaymac on