Trouble Loading Character

n.aspros123n.aspros123 Posts: 149

I'm having trouble loading a Jill Valentine Character after unziping the files and copying them to C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library. I click Refresh. Then go to load the character and I get an error warning. See attachment.

Capture89.JPG
604 x 1039 - 95K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,170

And what does your log say about the error Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File?

• n.aspros123n.aspros123 Posts: 149
    edited July 25

felis said:

And what does your log say about the error Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File?

Lots of Gobbledy Gook. See attached file.

@felis

txt
    txt
    Daz Error log.txt
    1M
    Post edited by n.aspros123 on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,170

Something seems wrong with your installation.

Example from log:

2024-07-21 18:46:26.951 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(697): Formula output property not found:
    	File: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/guhzcoituz/GC_Jill Valentine/Jill Valentine Face.dsf

Try to search for "Jill Valentine Face.dsf" on your drive and see if you can find it and on what path.

Or look in the zip file, where the file is, and if it in the zip have the right path.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,112
    edited July 25

What you loaded are Shaping Presets... You need to load a G8F base figure into the scene and select the figure before loading the presets.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • n.aspros123n.aspros123 Posts: 149
    edited July 26

crosswind said:

What you loaded are Shaping Presets... You need to load a G8F base figure into the scene and select the figure before loading the presets.

Ahh. I thought so. I'll try.

I sent you a PM

@crosswind 

Post edited by n.aspros123 on