DAZ Studio 3 Installer for MAC

tommyBoyetommyBoye Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Okay, even though I have owned DAZ Studio 4 Pro for a while now, I still owned a copy of DAZ Studio 3, which had been tricked out over 3 years to basically be a very robust copy of a Frankensteined DAZ Studio 3 Advanced. My copy of Studio 3 got corrupted when I moved it to a different machine. Also, when this happened, I lost that DAZ Studio 3 Installer.

Now more than half of the plugins that I spent years spending money on piece by piece, can no longer be used. Movie Maker, Animated Textures, or the Animator plugin do not work in Studio 4, and neither does the Turbo plugin for creating faster renders.

Does anyone still have the DAZ Studio 3 installer for MAC? If so, I would be willing to work out a trade with them, from the huge library of runtimes or plugins that I have available for Studio 3 MAC.

I don't want to to do something shady, but if DAZ cannot support their older versions by leaving the apps still available, then they can't complain if people want to help each other out by making sure that they are not screwed out of access to items that they still own, but do not have access to.

Just sayin'

:red:

Thomas Mundahl:)

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Actually yes they can.

Check your order history. If it's in there you can reset the download.

• tommyBoyetommyBoye Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Yes, I have already sent a request in asking to get access to the original DAZ Studio 3 installer because DAZ was kind enough to actually remove access to the original DAZ 3 Studio for MAC installer link from my available download resets, and order history. Way to erase the past. George Orwell's 1984 much DAZ?!! >:-(

That is why I am asking that if anyone in the community still has this DS3 MAC installer, if they would be wiling to trade the installer for something else that I might have. There are many great and incredibly useful plugins that I had in DS3 that will not work in DS4.

In spite of how fantastic DS4 is, none of the Dreamlight plugins work anymore (I know people have been ranting about this for a while now) so DAZ should either quit selling them, or prod the people at Dreamlight to update their plugins. :coolsmirk:

Post edited by tommyBoye on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Only DAZ 3D would be able to give you the installer. Contact support if you're missing the item in your Itemized Order History -- it's still in mine.

• tommyBoyetommyBoye Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I resolved the issue.

Thanks for the input.

:cheese: