Downloading error

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
edited September 2012 in The Commons

Now, mind you, I got this error multiple times. I was able to occasionally erase the .part file that wads in the directory and then restart with limited success.

I have downloaded TONS of stuff this evening from Poserworld and Renderosity with no issue at all while playing an MMORPG and listening to Pandora.

I quit the game and Pandora.

Kept getting this error.

I restarted my computer.

Kept getting this error.

I waited and then double-checked to make sure i could download from other sites and tried here again.

Could I interest any support staff in emailing me my products as they have now expired for the number of times I have downloaded them?

download_error.jpg
620 x 169 - 26K
Post edited by RKane_1 on

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872
    edited September 2012

You can reset them as many times as you like, if you want to give it another try. And if you're using IE, try another browser, some say they've had problems with downloafding with it on the DAZ site.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Curiously enough. I am using Mozilla Firefox. Should I try Chrome?

edited December 1969

HA! I used Microsoft's retarded little brat IE and it worked on one of the ones I was having problems with.

That is funny.

Oh well, I guess I have to wait to reset.

edited December 1969

Now I think about it, some have also had problems with FireFox.

Well, IT technology can be unpredictable sometimes...

edited December 1969

Okay... tried to download Forest - 14492_Forest1_1.1_dpc.exe - pc thru IE and I get this error (see attached)

And in from Firefox I get the same as before error.

Chrome just says there was a download error....oh joy.

I want my Forest. *pout*

download_error002.jpg
    450 x 171 - 11K
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Okay... tried to download Forest - 14492_Forest1_1.1_dpc.exe - pc thru IE and I get this error (see attached)

And in from Firefox I get the same as before error.

Chrome just says there was a download error....oh joy.

I want my Forest. *pout*

You could try this, but I doubt it will work when all the other fails:

http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcondo/

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited September 2012

Glad to hear I'm not the only one ... geez you'd think 'everybody' had beautiful results over here when it comes to the downloading. There's a problem and it will be nice if/when they get it fixed.

In the meantime a great sanity saver is a Firefox plugin [which also works with its cousin Waterfox a beautiful 64bit browser for W7] called:
    DownThemAll

Do NOT request a massive number of consecutive downloads at this site. I've been using it here and over at sharecg.com. It seems to grab hold of the download and even if there's a break in the line [which otherwise causes a failed download] it resumes. Tells one how large the download is and does the check thing so if it's failed you know right away and can tell it to try again. It also tends to get the file a little bit faster ... it's been a bad weekend ... coming in about 40 kb instead of 20 kb. Considering I'm paying for service which will permit like, 5mb/sec I'm not at all happy with this. [seldom have one come in at 5 ... have seen 2-3 mb at some websites] it would make more sense to me if all websites would permit people to download at whatever speed they're paying for from their ISP because honestly, whether one gets it in 2 minutes or 4 hours it's the same amount of mb leaving the server ... just ties it up for everybody. However 2 minutes has happy customers. 4 hours has gruppy customers.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Boudicca/Patience! I appreciate you pointing the Firefox app out to me. i will see if I can find it and use it.

You rock! :)

You have always been very helpful and generous with your time and explanations and I just wanted to stop and say thank you so much for that.

More user communities should have people like you. :)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Thanks, Boudicca/Patience! I appreciate you pointing the Firefox app out to me. i will see if I can find it and use it.

You rock! :)

You have always been very helpful and generous with your time and explanations and I just wanted to stop and say thank you so much for that.

More user communities should have people like you. :)

Thank you for the kind words. :-)

edited December 1969

It's working too but I have to limit the speed of the download to 125KB/s.

I guess the problem was MY bandwidth, I guess it was theirs? *chuckle*

Thank you again!