Is there any "Daz 3D video gallery website"?

Hey guys! I'm delving deeper into animations made in Daz, and I'm delighted with the amount of animation options and features that Daz3D has! Well, leaving aside technical matters and doubts about the software itself, I would like to know if there is a website that works like the Daz Studio Gallery, but being exclusive for 3D animated videos made in Daz. If anyone can recommend any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Comments

• hansmolleman33hansmolleman33 Posts: 219

Not alot of people are using DAZ for animation when there are better and easier to use softwares for animation.

DAZ is way too complicated to use for animation, all video tutorials are just awful and out of date.

A long time ago I did a video using DAZ assets, all the animations were done in Blender

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,822
    edited July 26

Consider making a youtube channel exclusively for your Daz animations, or a facebook group.

you can also post your Daz studio animations  here:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/358051/the-animators-assemble-thread-for-daz-animation-wips-clips-and-tips#latest

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • AuroratrekAuroratrek Posts: 218

I moved away from animating in Daz because there are no good options for lip sync. That said, Daz still has some of the best assets out there, so I use a lot of those brought into iClone and Cinema 4D when I animate. Most of the characters, sets, and props in this video are from Daz.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,822
    edited July 27

I moved away from animating in Daz because there are no good options for lip sync.

Well technically there are lipsinc options for Daz studio,  some even on sale ATM.surprise

https://www.daz3d.com/face-mojo--facial-mocap-retargeting-for-genesis-9

https://www.daz3d.com/face-mojo-facial-mocap-retargeting-for-genesis-8-females

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • Sorry for taking too long responding to this topic, I thought I had lost my Daz account for a while. As mentioned, now I really understand why there aren't many animations made in Daz, for the simple fact that the software is very complicated and doesn't have many features compared to other animation software that have been on the market for years such as Blender, iClone and others. I confess that I tried to make a small animation with Daz by watching some free tutorials on YouTube and I realized that Daz is actually quite complicated to animate, even using ready-made animations bought in stores.

• Auroratrek said:

I moved away from animating in Daz because there are no good options for lip sync. That said, Daz still has some of the best assets out there, so I use a lot of those brought into iClone and Cinema 4D when I animate. Most of the characters, sets, and props in this video are from Daz.

I completely agree when you said about Daz assets. One of the factors that made me join as a 3D digital artist using Daz, was for the simple reason that the software has several very well-made assets, mainly by artists who sell characters, scenes, accessories, objects, morphs, lighting and among thousands of contents that hardly you would find in other 3D creation softwares. By the way, could you tell me which animation software is easiest to use and is compatible with Daz assets? I used Blender some time ago but I ended up giving up learning because the interface was too scary for me, I found it quite complicated to learn. 

• hansmolleman33 said:

Not alot of people are using DAZ for animation when there are better and easier to use softwares for animation.

DAZ is way too complicated to use for animation, all video tutorials are just awful and out of date.

A long time ago I did a video using DAZ assets, all the animations were done in Blender

Is Blender compatible with most assets made for Daz? I didn't have a good experience in general with Blender because the interface is a little complicated for me, although that was in terms of modeling and maybe animating is easier. 

• wolf359 said:

I moved away from animating in Daz because there are no good options for lip sync.

Well technically there are lipsinc options for Daz studio,  some even on sale ATM.surprise

https://www.daz3d.com/face-mojo--facial-mocap-retargeting-for-genesis-9

https://www.daz3d.com/face-mojo-facial-mocap-retargeting-for-genesis-8-females

These lip sync features are very interesting, I've seen some of them for sale and I've always been curious how to use them. By the way, speaking of lip sync, I heard that there is a plugin or script for Daz that allows you to use mocap or facial mocap using Rokoko. Does something like this make the animation more easir for Daz? Or is Blender better for mocap? 

• Magic Dragon 3D said:

hansmolleman33 said:

Is Blender compatible with most assets made for Daz? I didn't have a good experience in general with Blender because the interface is a little complicated for me, although that was in terms of modeling and maybe animating is easier. 

Yeah, most of the things in Daz you can use in Blender, the diffeomorphic add-on is better than Daz to Blender. Some hair shaders don't transfer well, but you can always use a different shader in Daz to export and it should work alright.