I am looking for a Brainiac headpiece

Hi, I am looking for a Brainiac headpiece like the one depicted in the Silver Age comics, see attached. I would prefer it for G8M but as this would be a prop piece it could be for any Daz character.

Brainiac.jpg
750 x 375 - 132K

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,734

You could make one with primitives and the deformer tool

• drucdruc Posts: 409

Thanks, I am not that good at modeling and even worse with texturing.

edited August 4

Nemesis10, I went through MightyMites store twice and missed this. It is a Silver age Brainiac clothing, I was just hoping for more neural nodes on the head. Like in the image, in front, 2 lower, connecting to a higher larger (main)  one with 2 more high on the back of the head and at least 2 lower at the back. I've put the above in my wish list. dollars are scarce at the moment.

Post edited by druc on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,734

druc said:

Thanks, I am not that good at modeling and even worse with texturing.

Making it is as easy as loading a scene, using the deformer is a little harder. There is no modeling or texturing involved, you just use the built in primitives in DS, scale them to shape, export, re-import, then use a deformer to get it to fit the slope/curve of the head. When you export as OBJ it keeps the material zones, so just apply a metal, plastic or emissive shader to each one

primitives.jpg
    1245 x 677 - 140K

The clothing is good and Brainiac came in many configurations. At the moment, MightyMite's offering is as good as it's going to get. So I purchased it, alone with a hat set in the lightning deals. I had a whole clothing set in my wish list on another site for one of the hats in the hat collection https://www.daz3d.com/nd-classic-hats-for-genesis-8-female-and-male and in this there are several I have use for. Bonus,as I didn't need anything else from the other sites product except the hat.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,239
    edited August 4

Something like this?

G8M_brainplates.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by felis on
    Yes, Felis, something like your picture would be very suitable.

Do you know how to import an obj, and then do transfer utility to fit G8M?

I know how to import an object. As for transfer utility, the phrase rang a bell and I think it was in this tutorial I bought years ago https://www.daz3d.com/advanced-rigging-in-daz-studio-4-pro and haven't re-visited it since. At that time I primarily using Poser. Now I only use Poser if I need to use it's python scrips for a product prior to using it in Daz Studio.

You can try else I will convert it to DS format.

Import the attached OBJ, with scale 10000% and standard DS orientation.

Load a G8M character.

Run Transfer Utility Edit > Object > Transfer Utility with G8M as source and the obj as target and default settings (you can add a smoothing modifier, but that can also be done later)

The obj is now rigged to match G8M.

Apply surface settings. There is 3 surfaces: Base plate, lights and wires.

You can save to your library (if wanted) File > Save As > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset (you have to choose a path, e.g. People > Genesis 8 Male > Accessories (or Props)).

It is zipped as forum won't allow an obj file.

zip
    zip
    Brainplates.zip
    edited August 8

Thank you very much felis. Your instructions were easy to follow and worked very well. I hope you don't mind, I gave you credit on the geometries folder name, on the G8M props folder and on the actual item when saved as a scene asset. I used G8M as the source, then loaded the saved asset onto a G8.1M with standard Holt full body morph to check the follow on properties, as he is scaled to about 106%, and it is magnificent. Thanks once again. 

Post edited by druc on

Good smiley

A quick render, maybe not the best angle, but I wanted to see inside the UFO as well.

Brainiac.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 217K

And this one. But Supergirl is a little close.

Brainiac 2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 117K