Progressivly worse GPU memory problems

lstubbs2lstubbs2 Posts: 48

Six months ago I got the Nvidea Studio driver.....Render memory improved...(More render quality...Less Black Screen)....

As the months go by....I get less and less in my renders and more black screen....

Now I can't render a simple scene at 100 max sample...3 mesh res...quality level 1 with 1 genesis 9...some base background and volume filled sphere.

I purge the memory often...after every scene change...It just gets worse and worse....

I optimized the Nvidea settings for DAZ...got better for awhile......back to [problems] in a few weeks.

[Huih]?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,357

So the same driver or is it getting updated? The latest driver(s) have definitely been causing problems.

• warlordnikwarlordnik Posts: 36

Richard Haseltine said:

So the same driver or is it getting updated? The latest driver(s) have definitely been causing problems.

Hi Richard, I'd just like to report that the latest drivers seem to be working with whatever iteration of Iray came with 4.22.  As you might have seen, I reverted back to 4.22 and now have no issues with my renders.

Iray on 4.23 was a nightmare to use (slowdowns, freezes - all during full renders) even when reverting to NVIDIA Studio Driver 561.

Hope this helps your team out.

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 221

So it wasn't only me. I think I got on top of the problem by not updating but fresh installing the drivers.