Where do I find serial number for 8.5 pro

edited February 2016 in Carrara Discussion

This discussion was created from comments split from: Carrara 8.5 PRO Serial number issue.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• need the serial number for carrara 8.5 pro

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2016

Go to your Account,  (the little blue man at top right of the forum page) and you will see "Serial Numbers" in the index line across the top.

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers

Post edited by Chohole on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Also,.. You'll need to have Administrator rights on your system for the Serial number to lock in

Select the carrara program icon and choose "Run as administrator" then put the serial number in, and you'll be fine.

Hope it helps  :)

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

3DAGE,

Will this cause the serial number to be found in "Help" or under a different menu? It does currently appear in the statup pic only.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI John :)

No,. the serail shouldn't show up anywhere witin the program menus,. the Run as Administrator allows Windows to store the serial number,. if you're not an administrator,. the seral wil be asked for each time you load the software,. it's a Windows security thing

the start-up "Splash screen" shows only part of the serial,. for security

3DAGE,

Thanks... I hadn't realized the serial number in the "Splash screen" wasn't the total serial number, glad you pointed that out.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited February 2016
    wgdjohn said:

3DAGE,

Will this cause the serial number to be found in "Help" or under a different menu? It does currently appear in the statup pic only.

The partial serial number does show up in the 'About' menu.. which is the Daz logo on the top left side .. mouse over and left click & select About

but that's about it. wink

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited February 2016

Thanks Stezza. Tried it and found the partial serial number. I do wonder if I've ever registered it... suspect so or it wouldn't have shown anything.

Post edited by wgdjohn on