Daz4.5 Endless Render

Rogue7Rogue7 Posts: 130

I've had this render running for 23 hours now, for the last 14hours at least it's been sitting on 99%.
It's rendering directly to a file and I don't really want to cancel the render at this stage. Do I have any options to save what has been processed?
I'm rendering this through the Atmospheric Fog Camera set at a distance of 50
Should I be concerned by the 3Delight error? or is it to be ignored like most others?

Capture.JPG
701 x 848 - 165K

Comments

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited September 2012

If you cancel a render in process then the file is generally written as is - i.e. complete up to the point the render has reached, I can't swear to always, but certainly generally - and at this point you really have no alternative than cancelling, renders sitting at 99% for extended periods are almost inevitably stuck in a loop.

Post edited by DWG on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

If you render to new window, you can often see "where" the render is stuck because there will be a small black square that is unrendered. This often gives a clue as to what happened.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

There's a temporary rendered image in the temporary folder you defined in Studio in preferences->general

Find that folder and there's a subfolder called "render" in which you can find your partial render

You can fire up a second DAZ Studio to check your temp folder

I've never had this problem but this could be caused by DS unable to transfer the finished file to the other other folder called "RenderAlbumTmp".

Just be carefull not to start another render or you'll lose the current one

• Rogue7Rogue7 Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

There's a temporary rendered image in the temporary folder you defined in Studio in preferences->general

Find that folder and there's a subfolder called "render" in which you can find your partial render

You can fire up a second DAZ Studio to check your temp folder

I've never had this problem but this could be caused by DS unable to transfer the finished file to the other other folder called "RenderAlbumTmp".

Just be careful not to start another render or you'll lose the current one

I looked there already, there's not working file :(

@Adam: I usually render to a window for little/simple runs, but it does tend to extend processing with renders of this complexity

• Rogue7Rogue7 Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

I cancelled minutes after my last post, and it's still cancelling at a count of 46hours 20 mins >.<</p>