Can you lighten up/ turn down SSS on G2?

MydsMyds Posts: 106

Hi!

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm doing renders with G2(yeah, still G@, my computer might not be ready for G3!), and they look great.  The only problem is that they take a really long time.  I can afford to have them somewhat less detailed.  Is there a way to turn off a few of the amazingly realistic effects, preferably, one at a time?  So "this can go....looks OK, what if I turn _this_ off?"

Am I pipe dreaming?  Or is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• To an extent that depends on the shader but if you look through the list or properties in the Surface shader you should see things you can turn off with a switch, or dial down to zero strength. One thing that isn't there is HD morphs - if you are using those, and are too far away to see the effect, turn them off.

• MydsMyds Posts: 106

Thank you!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

I still use G2 and Genesis, so you are not alone!  In fact, there's quite a few people who are still G2 fans and haven't moved on to G3 yet. 

One thing I found is that even if I turn off HD effects, the figure still seems to take longer to render.  I found this is also true with some HD clothing, like the breastplate for Wildenlander slows down my Viewport - even if I take off the HD.