how to apply Sky preset to already open scene?

i've tried dragging from the browser to the atmostphere in tab, but it give circle with the slash.
tried dragging to the scene but it just adds a camera and a light.
tried using the open folder icon and browsed to the skies preset folder.
dbl clicking opens preset as another file.

totally stumped!

trying to apply 'High Clouds'

thanks for any help.smiley

was able to bring the 'Sky' cloud layers closer to the ground and animated very easy
can't seem to do it for Realistic Cloud layers,

Realistic Sky - set the animation to 5 seconds, set speed in the cloud layer sliders. 

Sky renders fast, but don't want to diss realistic sky so soon because i don't understand how to use it. >.<

10 sky preset.JPG
871 x 720 - 97K

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

btw - this thing is awesome http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-win.html

turned 329 avi file to 2 mb .mp4

here i double clicked the fluffy white clouds
    set sequencer to 300 frames
    went to the last frame and set completion slider to 100%
    was all i had to do smiley  

huhhh, will it let me attach mp4 ... nope, can't get to vimeo from work, no streaming media firewall 

11 fluffy white clouds.JPG
    1088 x 691 - 98K
    11 went to last frame(300) set completion to 100..JPG
    1095 x 535 - 67K

need something easier than da stash

i guess no one using the sky

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited February 2016

I'm not really the person to talk to about lighting but here is an example of adding a realistic sky preset to an existing scene

- I have a figure with an Aztec costume in the assembly room

- I select the scene tab in the instances tray and the atmosphere tab in the properties tray.

- Use the atmosphere drop down menu to choose realistic sky

- There are 3 icons just above the "edit" button in the realitic sky menu.  Click the furthest left to bring up a menu of your presets.

- Navigate to a realistic sky preset that you like.  Select it.  Click the OK button.  You can also make changes wih the edit button or change the ground option.

*** This has loaded that realistic sky preset.  However, the distant light is not yet synced with the sun.

- At this point I generally like to delete the default distant light and insert a sunlight.  The sun syncs with the realistic sky.

- If the sun is low enough on the horizon and facing your scene, you will see it appear on the bounding box (batting cage).

- However, global illuminaion is still not set.  If you wish to use global illumination, go to the rendre room and check the sky light box.

**** Note, purely to taste, but I noticed that most Carrara users generally like to keep the ambient lght very low.  It is the top menu in the scene tab.

111a sky start open atmosphere tab.jpg
    1307 x 872 - 185K
    111b sky open presets and navigate.jpg
    1290 x 885 - 225K
    111c insert sunlight note can see sun on batters cage.jpg
    1428 x 928 - 245K
    111d render room heck sky light global illumination.jpg
    1490 x 877 - 161K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited February 2016

HI Misty :)

The fluffy clouds scene, uses the older "Sky" system,. which is pretty basic ,... compared to the "Realistic sky" system.

With the Realistic sky,. you have settings for the sun light,. and moon light, position. with options for the atmosphere, Fog, ...and four diferent cloud layers,. with options for cloud types, thickness, altitude etc,

As it's a realistic sky.,. it works best with the Sunlight system ,. rather than the default Distant light.

If you really want to use the fluffy clouds scene sky,.

Load that scene,. the go to the little grey icons in the top right of the "Sky" tab,. and choose save component,. save it with a name,.

Open your scene and go to the Atmosphere tab,. Choose "Sky" and then load in that component you saved.

Hope it helps  :)

RSE.jpg
    593 x 647 - 97K
    sky tab.jpg
    433 x 626 - 56K
    Post edited by 3DAGE on

realistic clouds is bigger learning curve.

• You may find the fluffy clouds preset under the Misc. Browser tab--> Sky or something similar. Then drag the preset up to the atmosphere tab.
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

there's a "Shuffle" button on the right,. and if you play with it,. you'll see how easy it is to create some cool sky. ..move the sunlight down to the horizon o create sunset's or sunrises,.

Also,. by adding One or two Volumetric clouds you can make that the focus of the sky,. and add more realism.

• otodomusotodomus Posts: 332
    3DAGE said:

there's a "Shuffle" button on the right,. and if you play with it,. you'll see how easy it is to create some cool sky. ..move the sunlight down to the horizon o create sunset's or sunrises,.

Also,. by adding One or two Volumetric clouds you can make that the focus of the sky,. and add more realism.

Yep I have tried that before, and by the way, I found a render in my computer that I did long ago, before that I have started to model in Carrara, and I liked the sky, I did a try recently in another model and I was getting a blurred image at the distance horizont, how can avoid that? I can't recall.

This is the render: