Genesis 3 male clone for genesis

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-male-clone-for-genesis

Usual question... has anyone tried this product(s) in Carrara and if so does it work?

thanks

Comments

• No idea but I have the G3M clone for G2 and clothes saved as support asset using it in DS work in Carrara so imagine same thing skipping a generation. 

• The one I have does not bring up the autofit dialogue in Carrara so needs to be fitted and saved in DAZ studio

I suspect this is the same, as a PA product not an integrated DAZ one

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited February 2016

The only G3M outfit I have to test it with is the Basic Wear and it definitely does not work. It doesn't give you the usual auto-fit pop-up to choose the intended figure just like fool says the clone for G2 does(n't).  It did give me the "projecting morphs" pop-up but doesn't seem to have actually projected the morphs onto the clothes.

Weirdly though, if I go to fit something for Genesis 2 or M4 or V4, when the pop-up appears V3, Genesis 3 Female and Genesis 3 Male all appear as options!  So it recognizes that those clones are there, but won't use them for Genesis 3 clothing for some reason.  

I tried with the couple G3F outfits I have and got the same result - it says it is projecting morphs but doesn't actually do anything and does not show me the pop-up to select the original figure. Is there something different about G3 clothing that makes Carrara not recognize it as fittable clothing?

Slightly OT: lately I've been having an issue with both Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 M/F where Carrara loads them to 50% and then just hangs for several minutes.  I've never experienced that before and am wondering if some update I unthinkingly downloaded has caused this.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Untitled-1.jpg
    1301 x 651 - 105K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

thanks for the info yes

<puts wallet back in pocket> frown

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Have a look at this thread in the commons.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/64403/converting-to-g1-g2-g3/p1