How to make some corrections for imported clothes from DazStudio?

Hello is anyone there??

I just imported final figure from Daz Studio 4.8 to Carrara pro 8.5 64 bit and I want make some amendments... There are problems with pants and with long boots - so my question is how to fix this things in Carrara?

polen king.jpg
1337 x 1081 - 49K

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Hi.  Welcome aboard.  In order to help more effectlvely, I would need some more details.

Which figure is the base figure?  What morphs and clothes are you using?  Are the morphs and clothes part of package, or did you make them yourself?  When you say imported the final figure from Daz Studio 4.8, how did you save it out of Studio?  As a straight DUF file?  As a one big scene subset?  Or the figure as a character preset and the clothes as separate wearable presets?  Other?  What adjustments are you trying to make?  Further morph character face/body?  Fix poke through?  Etc. 

Meanwhile, here is a thread that documents my progress in getting genesis and genesis2 figures to work in Carrara. 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45361/best-practices-using-genesis-and-genesis-2-content-in-carrara/p1

It took me a while to get used to genesis-type figures.  Personally, I have gotten to the point where I prefer to use genesis and genesis 2 over V4/M4, but that varies among Carrara users. 

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited February 2016

HI lord Adam :)

The normal method of dealing with "Poke-through" is to either use the "adjustment" morphs, in the clothing items,. or to "hide the part of the figure which is poking through the clothing,.

It's often better, and simpler to load your figure in carrara,.then add clothing and afjust the shape morphs within  Carrrara,. rather than importing from another pogram,. when you don't need to.

Hope that makes sense and helps

Oh,.. forgot,..

Philemo has made (and is working on)  a nice litte plugin, which adjusts clothes for fitting and pokethrough

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/67410/nopokethrough-plugin-alpha-version-available-for-testing#latest

Post edited by 3DAGE on