New animation

Got a new animation up. Once again used Carrara for a cut scene. :)

Comments

• Very, very good, although I don't catch all the dialogue. In this case, even the subtitles are hopeless. But I like it a lot.

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    argus1000 said:

Very, very good, although I don't catch all the dialogue. In this case, even the subtitles are hopeless. But I like it a lot.

Haha. Thanks!! :)

I used the method of incorporating Carrara in Dead at the End as well. I'm going to try and really push it for the next Dead at the End animation by going EXCLUSIVELY with Carrara. :)

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Good stuff.  I liked the voice acting, sounds like a pretty big cast.

Steve K said:

Good stuff.  I liked the voice acting, sounds like a pretty big cast.

Thanks a lot! Yeah, ProBoards for voice acting has been a life saver. haha And I was lucky enough to get a Let's Player Sara Secora to play Damage, so that was cool. 

A lot of these first animations has really been like a giant learning process for me. I've done like 4 animations now including the two above and the Prologue as well as a quick X-men parody thing. 

I finally feel like I'm...organized enough to be able to do this stuff. I am VERY excited about the next installment of Dead at the End and using Carrara 100% for that. It's scary, but I've been doing a ton of tests and I really believe that I can make it work. I'll still need to incorporate AE, PS and Flash to bring it all together, but I know I can do it! 

This is one of the tests from the big metal lady in Dead at the End

My hope is that I'll be able to bring various elements together and get a POSE TO POSE kind of experience, which isn't the easiest thing to do in 3D/Carrara, mostly because it takes a crazy amount of forethought and planning. I think I can do it, though. It'll be easier doing pose to pose style animation in a talking scene...less so in an action scene. And I plan on having there be way more action in the second episode of Dead at the End.