My cloth don't want to animate at all, what is wrong?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I made a dress in modo for use in daz studio. When i try ti animate V4 with my dress, the dress is stuck on frame 1 while the rest of the body moves. Does the clothes need to be dynamic? or how can I fix this.

Thanx in advance
:)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It needs to be at least conforming. You cannot make dynamic clothes for DAZ Studio yourself, they are made for DAZ 3D by Optitex.

What you are trying to use is a base mesh by the sound of things, there is a lot more to it than that I'm afraid. Your clothing item would need to rigged inside DS4P using the Content Creation Tools.

• edited September 2012

Thank you so much for your reply. ok so for the cloths to be conforming they need to use the same naming scheme as the internal figure?
    Do you know if there exist any kind of template that show how the different parts of the cloths should be named?

I have been looking around in the interface for the program, and I can't find Content Creation Tool. Under "about" plugins it is listed.
    I have Daz 4.5 Pro

Once again, thanks for your time

Post edited by esimacio_6de14de8f3 on
    edited September 2012

esimacio said:
    Thank you so much for your reply. ok so for the cloths to be conforming they need to use the same naming scheme as the internal figure?
    Do you know if there exist any kind of template that show how the different parts of the cloths should be named?

I have been looking around in the interface for the program, and I can't find Content Creation Tool. Under "about" plugins it is listed.
    I have Daz 4.5 Pro

Once again, thanks for your time

The clothing needs to use the same skeleton as the figure, in your case V4. You need to use the CCT (Content Creation Tools) to accomplish that. With Genesis it is reasonably simple, I'm not so sure with V4. You would bring in your mesh to DS at the correct scale, and then use V4 as a donor skeleton uisng the CCT. I have never done this, and I will leave it to somone else to explain how to do that.

In the meantime, I will look for some links for you.

EDIT:

I can find loads of links on how to do it with Genesis, but not V4. I am sure somone will be along shortly :)

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited December 1969

Select Victoria 4 in the scene
    Open the Figure Setup pane
    Right-click on the pane's tab, from the menu select Copy from Selected Figure
    Right-click in the Geometry List area and select Add Geometry..., then select your dress OBJ and make sure you use the right preset (Poser if you modelled around the OBJ from the geometries folder, or the preset you used to export if you modelled arond an exported OBJ)
    Drag the OBJ from the Geometry List onto the Hierarchy.
    Right-click on unwanted bones and delete them - you want the boens that are in your dress, plus the immediate children of any bones in the dress (so if the dress stops at the shoulders, you want to keep the forearms but not the hands or fingers).
    If you kept any empty bones (such as the forearms as above) expand the geometry entry and right-click on the listing for the Victoria 4 OBJ and remove it.
    At the top of the Hierarchy list modify the names by clicking on them.
    At bottom left of the pane, check Modify Selected
    Click Create.

Now you will almost certainly need to use the Joint editor tool to adjust the rigging on each joint, but it should be fairly close to right.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

Right-click in the Geometry List area and select Add Geometry..., then select your dress OBJ and make sure you use the right preset (Poser if you modelled around the OBJ from the geometries folder, or the preset you used to export if you modelled arond an exported OBJ)
    Right-click on unwanted bones and delete them - you want the boens that are in your dress, plus the immediate children of any bones in the dress (so if the dress stops at the shoulders, you want to keep the forearms but not the hands or fingers).
    If you kept any empty bones (such as the forearms as above) expand the geometry entry and right-click on the listing for the Victoria 4 OBJ and remove it.
    Click Create.

Now you will almost certainly need to use the Joint editor tool to adjust the rigging on each joint, but it should be fairly close to right.

wow that is a mouth full :)
  • edited December 1969

Thank you so much both of you. This forum is really helpful. I will try to as suggested. And come back here for feedback.

Esim

• edited December 1969

Click Create.

In order to do this things I need the Content Creator Tool, as I stated longer up here I can't find it in daz studio :red:

edited December 1969

You will find the Figure Setup pane in Window > Tabs > Figure Setup.

The CCT is a set of tools, and the Figure Setup pane is one of them. If Figure Setup does not appear in the Tabs menu, then what does it say at the top of your copy of DS 4.5,, does it say DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro?

• edited December 1969

You will find the Figure Setup pane in Window > Tabs > Figure Setup.

The CCT is a set of tools, and the Figure Setup pane is one of them. If Figure Setup does not appear in the Tabs menu, then what does it say at the top of your copy of DS 4.5,, does it say DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro?

Ah ok, yes I got it now. So simple explaination, and a very good one. Yes my daz is 4.5 Pro. It say so at the top left

Esim
    PS! sorry my bad english

edited December 1969

You are doing really well! These subjects are hard enough to follow for me, and English is my native language :)

• edited September 2012

Click Create.

A very helpful explanation probably for experience users of daz studio. I follow to " Right-click in the Geometry List area and select Add Geometry..., then select your dress OBJ and make sure you use the right preset (Poser if you modelled around the OBJ from the geometries folder" the geometry list area I guess is the one I show on the screenshot. when I rightclick that one I don't get any Add geometry. Ah got it, its the one on the far left. Stupid me

geo_list.JPG
    658 x 728 - 42K
    Post edited by esimacio_6de14de8f3 on
  • edited December 1969

I give up. This is to heavy too get. But thanks anyway