What happened to ZERO POSE option?

Having trouble finding the zero pose option, to bring the character back to their T pose. 

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

In C8.5 it is under the animation tab along the top menu. 

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    diomede said:

In C8.5 it is under the animation tab along the top menu. 

Thanks!

Another question -- I seem to be having an issue with the POSE AS CLIP option. I've always used it in 7.2 to drop in my pz2 files, but when I select the model and "Pose as clip", it's just putting the file in the CLIPS folder, and then when I drag the clip into the timeline, it's like just a couple of frames and not the complete clip. It works fine in 7.2. I'm confused. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Sorry, I haven't used that feature.  Dudu?  Dartanbeck?  Mike Moir?

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Sorry, I 'm allergic to the clips, to much problems when edit...

I tried one time to import as clip and I remember that I had an issue too.

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821

BC Rice,

I do think I found a solution to your issue, maybe.

I don't use Poser very much but I have PoserPro 2012 and I tested some stuff out, I don't have C7.2  installed but I do have C8 & c8.5. I noticed a dfference in importing a Pose as CLip from C8 to C8.5 ,both dont work like they should.  Try the following workaround and see if it works.

After you use the Pose as Clip function in Carrara you say you get a Clip put in the clips browser and you then drag that clip to the NLA track in the timeline. 

1. You will notice the NLA clip is very small,try hovering over the right side of the NLA clip and your cursor should turn into  arrows pointing left and right allowing you to resize the NLA clip

2. Resize the NLA clip to match the length of the clip you created in Poser( 2sec etc)

3. Now Double click the NLA clip to make it editable, it should  turn red along with all the bone timelines of your figure.

4. Scroll down and look at the keyframes for all the bones of your figure, You should notice that you will have keyframes going way to the right of the end of your NLA clip.

5.You will have zoom out the view of the timeline, hit the z key +alt key and click as many times as it takes to see all the keyframes of your imported animation.

6. Select all the keyframes and scale them back so the last keyframe of your animation lines up with the end of the nla clip. Use the Ctrl key and drag the last keyframe to scale all the keyframes

Your full animation should now show up when you hit play.

There is something going on with either Poser or Carrara , it seems that space between keyframes gets multiplied by a large amount when using the "Pose as Clip" so the end of your animation is actually 10 times longer than you think, wierd. Hope this works for you;.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

PZ2 files can be applied directly to your selected figure from the browser,;. (double click the pose (icon) in the browser to apply it to the selected figure)

no need to make an NLA pose.

NLA "poses" are simply that,. it's a single Pose,. not a section of animaton.

If your PZ2 file is an animation,. then you should be selecting "Create Master "Clip"

If you want to save the animation you've made by applying poses at diffeent points in the timeline,.

Select your figure,. go to the NLA tab, and click the "Create master clip" this will give you some options such as loop point, and allow you to select all animation, or limit the selection to body parts,. and also allow you to delete the existing keyframes from the timeline,

The new Master clip will be placed into your clips panel,. and you can drag it to the browser (my Clips) to save it for later use.

Hope it helps

BTW ... NLA poses are strechable and will auto blend from one to the next,. unlike keyframed animation in the timeline, they don't have tweener options

3DAGE said:

PZ2 files can be applied directly to your selected figure from the browser,;. (double click the pose (icon) in the browser to apply it to the selected figure)

If your PZ2 file is an animation,. then you should be selecting "Create Master "Clip"

If you want to save the animation you've made by applying poses at diffeent points in the timeline,.

Select your figure,. go to the NLA tab, and click the "Create master clip" this will give you some options such as loop point, and allow you to select all animation, or limit the selection to body parts,. and also allow you to delete the existing keyframes from the timeline,

The new Master clip will be placed into your clips panel,. and you can drag it to the browser (my Clips) to save it for later use.

Hope it helps

BTW ... NLA poses are strechable and will auto blend from one to the next,. unlike keyframed animation in the timeline, they don't have tweener options

I'll give that a try. Just to be clear -- you said double click the "pose icon". What is that? And once it's double clicked, do you open or import the pz2? Thanks

BC RIce,

The Pose icon I think 3Dage is talking about should be found in Carrara's Browser/Content tab in the Poser Runtime directory. This is where your Poses are stored in Poser heirarchy folders.  You may need to add the folder to Carrara's browser if it is not there so you have access to them from inside Carrara. Hopefully there isn't a bug in getting Pz2's into carrara this way.

Did you try the way I suggested above , I think it should work.

BC Rice said:
    3DAGE said:

Hope it helps

I'll give that a try. Just to be clear -- you said double click the "pose icon". What is that? And once it's double clicked, do you open or import the pz2? Thanks

mmoir said:

BC RIce,

The Pose icon I think 3Dage is talking about should be found in Carrara's Browser/Content tab in the Poser Runtime directory. This is where your Poses are stored in Poser heirarchy folders.  You may need to add the folder to Carrara's browser if it is not there so you have access to them from inside Carrara. Hopefully there isn't a bug in getting Pz2's into carrara this way.

BC Rice said:
    3DAGE said:

Hope it helps

Oooh. Hm. I'm not sure about that. Like...The pz2 files are all in the Carrara folders, and they certainly don't show up anywhere in my list of Content. I don't think adding the folder they're in using the "add folder" option would help either. 

edited February 2016

I will make a video showing what I did in a bit .

BC Rice said:
    mmoir said:

BC RIce,

BC Rice said:
    3DAGE said:

Hope it helps

Oooh. Hm. I'm not sure about that. Like...The pz2 files are all in the Carrara folders, and they certainly don't show up anywhere in my list of Content. I don't think adding the folder they're in using the "add folder" option would help either. 

Post edited by mmoir on
    edited February 2016

BC Rice,

Here is the video, in Poser  I created a quick animation on a figure, saved the pose to the Pose library. I then load the Pose onto the Figure in Carrara several different ways,by clicking the Pose Icon and by using the Pose As Clip feature. I also create a Master clip for use later on.     Hopefully this helps you out.

Post edited by mmoir on
    mmoir said:

BC Rice,

Here is the video, in Poser  I created a quick animation on a figure, saved the pose to the Pose library. I then load the Pose onto the Figure in Carrara several different ways,by clicking the Pose Icon and by using the Pose As Clip feature. I also create a Master clip for use later on.     Hopefully this helps you out.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this. So it looks like my issue is primarily that my files simply aren't showing up in my hierarchy anywhere in Carrara. In my Carrara files all of my animations are somewhere in my Aniblocks folder. But that folder doesn't appear inside Carrara despite the aniblocks folder being inside the Runtime "My Daz Content". 

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Great video mike :)

In poser,. when you save a single pose or an animation,. it'll create a little thumnail image (icon) for the pose or animation,.

In carrara,. you can arr any poser folder wich contains a "runtime" folder,. and Carrara will display that folders runtime content just as Poser would,. EG: Figures / Hair / Poses / Props etc  So,. you can save your poses and animations in posers folder structure,. then jump into Carrara and see those same poses,.and apply them to th figure in the same way you would in Poser. double click to apply to the selected figure.

It sounds like you just need to "add Folder" from the carrara browser,. and select the main folder which contains your poser runtime folder,.

or,. as mike showed,. you can add a new folder to the carrara browser,.. whereever you save your poser poses.

poses.jpg
    1438 x 961 - 287K