So... is Carrara dead at this point?

2»

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

would be optimistic if at least a beta for the next version was out, 

daz usually gives the betas out first?

i don't usually do betas myself, but i like to read the forum feedback to keep up with the progress. smiley

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited August 2016
    MistyMist said:

would be optimistic if at least a beta for the next version was out, 

No beta in site. And I wouldn't count on seeing one.

Post edited by TGS808 on
  • TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited August 2016
    3DAGE said:

Go ask any manufacturer or software developer to release details of their future product development strategy,

you want an official statement from the management, simply because you demand it,.. See first line.

I didn't ask for details of a "future product development strategy". All people want to know is... Carrara 9, working on it? Yes or no? It's a simple question. I'm not asking for a list of new features or even a rough release date. Just let us know if it's being worked on. There is no reason they need to keep that a secret.

If you ask Adobe if there will be a new version of CC coming they will tell you yes. 

Even auto manufacturers announce new and updated vehicles head of their release. The don't always show you what they will look like (in fact, sometimes they do want to keep that part a secret) but they will let you know to expect it's arrival.

What you posit–that asking any manufacturer for news on an updated or upocoming product will be met with evasion and cloak and dagger style secrets–is complete and utter nonsense. That you feel we should expect to get that type of response and that we should just accept it, is ridiculous.

Post edited by TGS808 on
  • FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited August 2016
    TGS808 said:

There is no reason they need to keep that a secret.

Exactly. There is something that respectable software companies usually reveal about future of their products, it's called Road Map.

I would not purchase Substance Painter 2, for example, if Clone tool was not on the road map, they told me it was (and even when it's gonna be available, approximatelly) and they got themselves a deal smiley

Post edited by FifthElement on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

you can contact Daz3D directly through the help menu at the top of the page.

I 'm sorry that I cannot answer your question to your satisfaction.

• I've abandoned Carrara for C4D. Daz'z lackluster support for this product has been totally unacceptable I wont spend another dime with them. After working with Infini-D and eventually carrara all these years the move has been bittersweet but worth every penny. 

• On Daz3d's home page they say "Thousands of assets for Daz Studio, 3DS Max, Maya, & Poser".

I just realized something was missing.

They really don't help believing in Carrara's future. I still do ... for now.

• bertmgbertmg Posts: 3

DAZ PLEASE OPEN SOURCE CARRARA! If you don't want to make the time and money to keep Carrara the basic artist swis knife, open up the code so others interested can make it better and keep it alive. Perhaps have just a newbiew or a small team to just oversee the changes and perhaps maintain it seemless with Studio and Dax3d content

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

I'm new to Daz3d and the tools Carrara as mentioned here. I did notice that Carrara is $45.00 in the store. And, even if not going to be updated not sure If I can ignore all the models, accessories and other offerings. Not a bad buy.  After reading, waching many videos, I've come the conclusion that Daz is most likely going to incorporate all of Carrara into the daz shell. Just a guess. So, I'll add that to the kit.

Thank you,

Joseph