Help with Polygon Group Editor

barbultbarbult Posts: 23,930

I've bumbled along and selected polygons and created new surfaces for an existing dress that had only one material zone. I see them in the Surfaces Tab. Now, how do I save that so next time I load that dress, I have those material zones available? Ideally I would like to save it to a new thing, so I don't mess up the original.

Comments

• DogzDogz Posts: 898
    edited September 2012

DS4 pro?

1) Make sure any other items (including figures) loaded in the scene are either removed or hidden.

2) Select your dress and go File/ Save as/ Support Asset/ DSF figure or prop file.

3) If its a Genesis item, you can Save under People/Genesis Clothing/ New folder, for easy access - or save it to the orginals folder if you prefer (so long as you name it something different)

Post edited by Dogz on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,930
    edited December 1969

Dogz said:
    DS4 pro?

1) Make sure any other items (including figures) loaded in the scene are either removed or hidden.

2) Select your dress and go File/ Save as/ Support Asset/ DSF figure or prop file.

3) If its a Genesis item, you can Save under People/Genesis Clothing/ New folder, for easy access - or save it to the orginals folder if you prefer (so long as you name it something different)

Dogz, thanks for helping. I am using DS 4.5 Pro (sorry for omitting that). I found a similar menu item in the Support Asset subdirectory. It is "figure/prop assets...". I used that. I wasn't sure how to fill out all of the fields in the next dialog that came up, so I left most as they defaulted. That created a duf file for me. I saved it in the same folder as the original dress, but with a new name. I am able to load that file from the Content Library tab and I can see my new surfaces in it. I am able to set the surfaces diffuse, etc. to texture the new surfaces. So far so good!

New question:
    1) I split a dress with only 1 surface zone into two new zones, but the original zone is still there, so now I have 3. How can I delete that original surface zone, so that I have a dress with only my two new zones?

• DogzDogz Posts: 898
    edited September 2012

You did it right. :)
    In the Polygon group editor under the list of surface groups, right click on the unwanted surface group and click ' remove selected surface' but make sure its poly count is 0 first. You might need to do it twice for it to completely dissapear. Oh and dont forget to re-save it afterwards.
    And yes .DUF is the new format if your using 4.5, they have now scrapped .DSF

Post edited by Dogz on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,930
    edited December 1969

Thanks! It worked perfectly. It took me a minute to figure out that the setting was on the Tool Settings tab. Once I found that, it was easy to follow your directions.